cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login Naming in Chrome

Ann.Fisher
Spotlight
Spotlight

Our team is using Chrome and Webex, and with the new interface, panelists and attendees, as well as hosts and co-hosts, are not able to modify their user name when they join an event. Many of them end up logged in with the name of their computer itself (a set of jumbled characters that do not easily identify the person's name). We've determined that it might be a cookies issue, but that will be difficult to explain to attendees. Are there plans in place to allow users/attendees to modify their login name? 

1 Accepted Solution

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Ann.Fisher ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. Glad to have you join us.

If they are not already logged into Webex on their browser, they should have the option to join as a guest, where they are able to type in their display name and email as shown in the screenshot below. However, this can only be done prior to joining the event. I could not find a way to change your display name after you have already joined the event.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.33.26 AM.png

If they go the route of Sign in(below the join as a guest button), their account information will self-populate and they will not have the option to change their display name. Joining as a guest works for both panelists and attendees both.

I hope this helps!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Ann.Fisher ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. Glad to have you join us.

If they are not already logged into Webex on their browser, they should have the option to join as a guest, where they are able to type in their display name and email as shown in the screenshot below. However, this can only be done prior to joining the event. I could not find a way to change your display name after you have already joined the event.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.33.26 AM.png

If they go the route of Sign in(below the join as a guest button), their account information will self-populate and they will not have the option to change their display name. Joining as a guest works for both panelists and attendees both.

I hope this helps!

Response Signature

You can change your display name for your Webex profile to your preferred name.

Below link explains How to Update Display Name for different platform 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nvs03bq/Webex-Update-Your-Display-Name#id_92677

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.