cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Optimize for motion and video/Share your computer audio feature available for Webex Events

ssteffensen1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a timeline for when the Share your computer audio feature will be available within Webex Events?

It works flawlessly in Webex Meetings but is a huge oversight that was missed larger scale events up to 3000 people. It is crucial to be able to share a video from youtube etc and include the audio.

1 Accepted Solution

ktwong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As I did the Walkthrough on All new Webex Event last Wednesday, one of the features avail in April 2021 GA is "Optimized for Motion and Video" that allows users to share high frame rate video along with computer audio. More detail can be found in the replay:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/walkthrough-wednesday-the-all-new-webex-events-recording-now/td-p/4268656

Response Signature

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

ktwong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As I did the Walkthrough on All new Webex Event last Wednesday, one of the features avail in April 2021 GA is "Optimized for Motion and Video" that allows users to share high frame rate video along with computer audio. More detail can be found in the replay:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/walkthrough-wednesday-the-all-new-webex-events-recording-now/td-p/4268656

Response Signature

Thank you Ken! I'm looking forward to the rollout of Webex Events 2.0!

what I explained is that you can use Webex Meetings to create the poll (as for most users it's just easier and faster to start a Webex Meeting than to schedule & start a Webex Event)

Once you have created your poll and saved it as an .atp file you can easily load and use it during your Webex Event. This is done by going to the Polling-panel in your Webex Event and click on "Open" (exactly the same process as in Webex Meetings). If you don't see the Polling-panel in your event, go to the menu-bar and select "File > Open Poll Questions..."
From there you can load the .atp file you created before the event and you are ready to conduct the poll.

Hope this clarifies what I explained in my previous message.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

Thanks for following up with me on this. @philpav I apologize for missing your question.

I talked to the BU earlier about this today and it looks like their target date has been pushed back to H1CY21, but once again, the exact release is still TBD.

I know this isn't the news you were hoping for, but as mentioned, I will try to update this thread when I know more. Thanks for being patient.

NOTE: The Community Manager has marked this as the current solution. More information will be added to this thread when there are updates.

Response Signature

Jose.Guerrero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

any update on this?  With the pandemic we rely on this technology to play videos and we would like to do it with events.  works great with meetings... but really need it in events.

Thanks!

MarcST1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
we urgently need VDI support in Webex Events.
InHouse Events are currently very cumbersome.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question in the community! :)
Support for this feature in Webex Events is currently targeted for H2CY20. (Exact timing is still TBD, so stay tuned.)

Response Signature

@Cole Callahan 
Is there an ETA for the release of this feature?

Hello! :)
Thanks for the follow-up Philipp! I reached out to the Product Management team and they wanted me to update my reply here. They mentioned it is set for Q4CY20, with exact timing TBD!

Response Signature

Any news?

The year is nearing to its end

@Cole Callahan , great to know that the updates to improve motion video playback for Webex Event will be out in Q4CY20. Since with the current pandemic situation, many of our employees have been working from home and we have quite many Townhall meetings that require to play video files. It will be great to get some updates if the feature can be release anytime soon. Looking forward to the enhanced Webex Event. Thanks.

Thank you!
I am looking forward to using the feature in our distance learning program in the upcoming academic year.

That's great! I am also looking forward to this valuable feature in Events and Trainings!

I hope computer audio will also be supported. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.