Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off Beeps DURING WEbex Event

I know there's a way to preset so that there's no tone/beep when attendees enter/exit a Webex Event.  Is there a way to change your setting while you're hosting the Event?  Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Mdavid49
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the mute and unmute functions to prevent unwanted noise in your meeting, event, or training session. Depending on your role, you can mute and unmute yourself, other participants, and use background noise detection to decide who to mute.

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is currently NOT a way to turn off beeps in a live event.  Its important that you leave them off.    

Response Signature

There should be option for a participant to turn this off separately during an event. Most of the people keep the default setting when scheduling an event. This is really annoying and disturbing that I need to hear tens/hundreds of beeps during meeting. I want to be able to turn it off on my own as an attendee (not impacting the settings of the other participants, of course).

RowanRoth
Level 1
Level 1

When scheduling the event there is an option Entry & exit tone: which you can change to No Tone.

Not being able to disable entry tones during a session is very limiting and disappointing. This capability exists within WebEx Meetings but not WebEx Training Center. I spoke with someone in tech. support about getting this prioritized as a feature and I was told it may take years to do this..."Years"?! Given the pandemic, I have to imagine more folks are using this product and experiencing these tones as very distracting during their sessions.

WebEx product folks, can we at least change the default setting for entry/exit tones to "no tone" instead of "beep"?

I really agree with you.  I had an event today with 340.  We were caught out as the default seems to be to have beeps.  Who would want that as default?  You are running an event as you have lots of people - why have beeps as default?  Our webex was a farce of beeps and there was nothing I could do other than stop the event - not feasible in the circumstances 

philpav
Level 1
Level 1

This would be nice since the beep on entry is automatically activated when setting up an event via the Webex Education Connector.