cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Event Poll "Timout Freeze" after closing poll or finished Timer

PT79766
Level 1
Level 1

If using a poll within a WebEx Event, clicking Close Poll or end of the pre-set Timer does not close the poll immediately if at this moment at least one attendee was still in the process of answering.

In this case, instead an unbreakable timeout of 20 seconds is started, blocking functionality to share the results with attendees, which is pretty inconvenient during a lecture where this is stale time. I can't find an option to change this setting to a lower amount of seconds, or abort this functionality at all. Has anyone found a solution to this?

screenshot.png

1 Accepted Solution

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for posting in the community :) 

There is not a way to disable that 20 timer.  It also works the same in Meeting and Training Sessions as well.  

Attendees can't be "in progress" answering the poll - once that number is 0 you can then close immediately

Here's what I do.  I remind attendees click submit so there are 0 people in progress.  I may also have a slide up that says "CLICK SUBMIT!!!" to remind them to do so.  If you click on the boxes that are next to Not started, In progress, and Finished, it will show you the attendees names that are "in progress" sometimes I might call them out (nicely of course) and give them a nudge to click submit.  

Hope this helps!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

philpav
Level 1
Level 1

At least on Windows you can bypass the timer by clicking on cancel. 
On the screenshot in the first post is no cancel button visible though. So I guess it's not possible on Mac. 

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for posting in the community :) 

There is not a way to disable that 20 timer.  It also works the same in Meeting and Training Sessions as well.  

Attendees can't be "in progress" answering the poll - once that number is 0 you can then close immediately

Here's what I do.  I remind attendees click submit so there are 0 people in progress.  I may also have a slide up that says "CLICK SUBMIT!!!" to remind them to do so.  If you click on the boxes that are next to Not started, In progress, and Finished, it will show you the attendees names that are "in progress" sometimes I might call them out (nicely of course) and give them a nudge to click submit.  

Hope this helps!

Response Signature

Thank you for the quick reply and clarifying the situation, I know can stop searching now. We will find other ways around it then, along the lines you described (not exactly the same as this is a little difficult with ~100 attendees).

No problem.  

20 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, but when you are waiting - it then seems like a lot.  I try to find things to recap and talk about.. whist I have my finger on the trigger to close that poll!

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.