cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Events import contacts

jakub.rainisch
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to import contact with still the same unsuccessful result. I still get the same response from Webex Events: "You cannot import the file because it contains no contact.“. I exported the template, opened it in Excel, added the rows with names and the e-mail information, and saved as TXT file UTF-16 (with tabs) and CSV file UTF-8 with comas. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

amccarl
Level 1
Level 1

I was not able to get this to work following the Webex instructions.

However, I was able to get this to work by doing the following:

1. Opening a comma delimited file in Notepad

2. Replacing all of the commas with tabs

3. Saving as a .csv file with UTF-16LE encoding.

Thank you amccarl!!! Your instructions worked! I had to figure out that I had to use Notepad++ to Find and Replace commas to \t, and that I needed to use the Encoding menu to save as UCS-2 LE BOM (UTF-16LE). I saved as a .csv file, and the import worked.

I am so grateful. I got no response from Webex support or my campus staff. The responses to my invites are rolling in!

Your friend,

Susan Smutny

TimsterC
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem still. Did Anyone ever solve this?

David Laursen
Level 1
Level 1

Same for me.  Using Excel on a Mac and saving file as UTF-8 CSV didn't work when uploaded to Webex.  Saving as a MS-DOS CSV did.

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry - Personally, I don' know why you are getting the error.  Did you try saving as CSV/Excel?

I would open up a case with Support here: https://help.webex.com/contact

You'll see the options to reach out at the bottom.  

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.