Helpful
Replies

Ask Me Anything- Monitoring Webex with ThousandEyes

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

September 22nd, till September 30th, 2022

Ask Me Anything

This event allows you to learn about the best practices for Webex Monitoring using ThousandEyes, and why you should consider endpoint agents and Webex cloud agents.

Ask your questions about the different options for Webex Monitoring using ThousandEyes. Cisco experts will cover your questions regards ThousandEyes and Webex Control Hub, so as the different varieties and elements needed to accomplish this monitoring process. 

Review the Slides Review the FAQ Watch the Video

* This event is free, and it is open to everyone, including students, instructors, Cisco customers and partners.

Experts Details 

yanid.jpg

Yanid Perez is part of the Customer Engineering team of Thousand Eyes. Previously, she collaborated as a support engineer in the Cisco Global Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for Webex Cloud and as a Designated Services Manager for the Collaboration Portfolio. Yanid holds a bachelor’s degree in communications and electronics engineering, and DevNet and CCNA certifications.

abraham.png

Abraham Avila is a former Webex support engineer and currently is member of the ThousandEyes Critic Incident Center team, specializing in technical escalations and product feedback. He is a Communications and Electronics Engineer and DevNet certified.

Schedule

• New York, USA 13:00hrs
  • San Jose, USA 10:00hrs
  • New Delhi, India 22:30hrs
  • Paris, France 19:00hrs
  • Mexico City, MX 12:00hrs

For more details and information, visit the Other Network Architecture subjects category. 
Do you know you can get answers before opening a TAC case by visiting the Cisco Community. Explore the Cisco Community, find or create content of your interest.

12 Replies 12

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Q: Are there plans to add multicast as a test in ThousandEyes?

This feature has been proposed to our product team already and is still under review for implementation.

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Q: The current offering on internet insights doesn't give the most up to date data for the webex CDN. Is that the same as using the test show in the slides?

The Internet Insights module gives you macro-level visibility into outages that may affect you, using the collective intelligence of ThousandEyes' entire agent network. For more information about internet insights you may refer: https://docs.thousandeyes.com/product-documentation/internet-insights
If Webex is not facing a Global Outage, Internet Insights may not display it. But good news! if you monitor Webex using these webinar's options you will get specific insights of your network infrastructure and potentially confirm what could be the affected network node(s). A plus tip is to correlate the different metrics with the Webex status page (https://status.webex.com/).

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Q: Hello guys, Are there any plans to integrate ThousandEyes Endpoint agent into Cisco Secure Client?

This feature is on the way! Our product team is diligently exploring the different options available.

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Q: Do partners have NFR business use Thousandeyes?

By NFR, do you mean Not for Resale? If so, the answer is yes. Please contact our Sales team to get the latest information.

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yanid & Abraham - there are a few questions from the event that I wanted to make sure get addressed, I'll be adding them here for you to review and respond to. Thanks!

Q: Why did ThousandEyes remove thousandeyes.webex.com?

After Cisco's acquisition ThousandEyes deprecated thousandeyes.webex.com in favor of cisco.webex.com which is Cisco's main Webex site.

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Interesting, thanks!  How can I sign-up/participate..?

@dstaudt wrote:

Interesting, thanks!  How can I sign-up/participate..?

Hi @dstaudt - the event was earlier today, but we will post a replay within the next day or so. If you have any general questions for Webex monitoring using ThousandEyes you can put the questions here and Yanid and Abraham will work on getting you answers over the next week.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.