Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Responder

itadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Getting started with my WebEx Bot fun and I wanted to ask for direction on where to start.  We have a public IT Helpdesk Space that is NOT checked after-hours.  I want a bot to know the hours of the IT Help Desk and auto-respond with a card with information about contacting after-hours support.  Could someone point me in the right direction to start learning and get started?  Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Bots are only able to "see" messages they're mentioned in or that are sent directly to them. If you have an open space where the bot is also member of, new users won't know that and those messages won't be seen by your bot.

What have you already done for your bot? Basically you just have to add a check when receiving the new message webhook if it is in the given time frame. Only if it is valid, you may process further and sending back a new message/card, otherwise ignore it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Bots are only able to "see" messages they're mentioned in or that are sent directly to them. If you have an open space where the bot is also member of, new users won't know that and those messages won't be seen by your bot.

What have you already done for your bot? Basically you just have to add a check when receiving the new message webhook if it is in the given time frame. Only if it is valid, you may process further and sending back a new message/card, otherwise ignore it.