cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deskpro support for IconURL on panel

rmaslanka1
Level 1
Level 1

Running RoomOS 10.19.1.5 on Cisco Deskpros registered to Webex.

I am looking to use a JPG hosted on a website as the custom icon on a UI Extension panel, rather than a web app.

The web app add process allows for entering a Web app URL and Web app icon URL, or at very least displays the URL Favicon.

While the the panel add process allows you to upload a JPG to the device, it doesn't seem allow for referencing a URL.  I was hoping to not have to manage JPGs on all my devices and simply use a macro to render the UI and display the remote icon.

I've tried to use icon and icon URL in the roomcontrolconfig.xml, like:
<Icon>Custom</Icon>
<IconUrl>https://my_website_where/this_icon_lives.jpg</IconUrl>
but the icon seems to default to sliders.

Is anyone using a remotely hosted custom icon when deploying panels? 

1 Accepted Solution

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The icon image does need to be saved to the device but you can download one from an external URL via API using xCommand UserInterface Extensions Icon Download and then you can update the icon on the panel/button using xCommand UserInterface Extensions Panel Update.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The icon image does need to be saved to the device but you can download one from an external URL via API using xCommand UserInterface Extensions Icon Download and then you can update the icon on the panel/button using xCommand UserInterface Extensions Panel Update.

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe this is possible but going to double check with engineering and will post back once I'm able to confirm.