Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Education Connector Recordings

We're new to using the Education Connector and cannot find documentation on the recordings tool. 

If meetings are set to record - and the recording is available in a user's cloud meeting site, but not showing in the LMS integration - is that normal? Is there a strategy to troubleshoot? Should students in a course generally have access to the recording?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Suzanne Phillips
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there! Thanks for your question, and Welcome to Education Connector!

Meetings that are scheduled and started from the Webex Education Connector in your LMS will have their recordings available in the LMS. Webex meetings scheduled and started outside of the education connector in your LMS will not be available.

Students should absolutely have access to the recordings in your LMS for a great experience, so I may suggest scheduling classes from the LMS?

Holler if we can help more, thanks!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mlockett
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to add that we are seeing this issue at our institution as well. It seems that most of our faculty do have the recordings show up in Canvas, but I have worked with a few instructors who are not seeing recordings showing up in their Canvas courses. I am working with one instructor now who I can confirm did setup and initiate the Webex meeting in their Canvas course and recorded the meeting, but the recording has not shown up under "Recordings" in Canvas. It was recorded a few days ago. It does show up for them when logged into the Webex website, but not in the Canvas course that the meeting was initiated from. Any insight or feedback into this would be appreciated.

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have an open TAC case regarding recordings not appearing in the LMS, in our case D2L. It was supposed to of been patched but there is a lack of clarity around that, I just today had the case escalated as we've had issues for nearly a month now.

Suzanne Phillips
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there! Thanks for your question, and Welcome to Education Connector!

Meetings that are scheduled and started from the Webex Education Connector in your LMS will have their recordings available in the LMS. Webex meetings scheduled and started outside of the education connector in your LMS will not be available.

Students should absolutely have access to the recordings in your LMS for a great experience, so I may suggest scheduling classes from the LMS?

Holler if we can help more, thanks!

Response Signature

Yes, they SHOULD show up in the LMS.

For most of our Faculty, it DOES!

But I have MANY faculty who have NO recordings showing.

I've done the tests with them... we schedule it from Canvas, and everything... they do nothing different from other faculty members, but the recordings never show up in CANVAS. They're visible in their Webex site, just not in the LMS.

Thanks - this is really helpful!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.