cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Graphic tablet doesn't work well with webex

Avinash.Kaur
Level 1
Level 1

My 'One by Wacom- pen tablet' does not work well with the webex whiteboard and annotation. It works well with all other drawing and video recording tools but not with webex. When I try to write anything on the whiteboard, it does not display the beginning of the pen stroke, every time I pick up the pen and start writing again, I face the same issue. For example writing a '+' is near impossible, as I have to pick up the pen twice and it misses the beginning. Everything in a countinous stroke goes well. Appreciate any ideas on what could be the possible issue and how to fix this.

4 Replies 4

hongji991
Level 1
Level 1

I would first try uninstall wacom tablet drivers and the reinstall the latest wacom driver.

If that doesn't address it, you should contact wacom support.

xigomo8358
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue with the same Wacom graphic tablet few weeks ago. Suddenly i noticed the problem cease to exist. Might be some hardware issue from wacom.

LIC

hafner
Level 1
Level 1

Workaround: in the Wacom tablet manager add the cisco app as an application ( it's called "atmgr" in my case) and set the tablet to behave in mouse mode instead of pen mode just for this application. You'll have to play with the mouse settings to get it to feel more normal but that mode increases usability for me. You'll also end up selecting things instead of drawing a bunch so you'll have to draw "differently" than you are used to ( by always starting your stroke on a blank area).

Cisco should definitely improve this out-of-the-box experience as it's not amazing. Disappointing and barely usable is how I'd describe it.

scullen67
Level 1
Level 1

Just purchased a Wacom and had the exact same experience.  Very poor response with the tablet.  Works great with Epic Pen and MS Paint.  Disappointing.