Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal hall's name

I use corporative webex as a member of the University of the Basque Country, in Spain.

My personal hall's name is not coincident with my "namesurname" in my institutional email. This is not comfortable for all membe of the institution, as we all know the corporative email for all of us. Even it is not possible to modify the name of the personal hall in the Configuration menu.

How was assigned these names when first entering webex? It would much better to assign same name as the "namesurname" in the own email.

Best regards,

Juan.

1 Accepted Solution

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

Juan,

If your University has an Identity and Access management system, I recommend asking for a conversation with your IT group about how to integrate "preferred name" into your campus systems. If your Webex hub synchronizes to Active Directory, your Webex profile name should adopt your set preferred name. 

If that path is not possible, exploring Webex People Insites may give you some of what you are looking for with less institutional lift. https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/n6x6b78/What-Are-People-Insights-Profiles?

Have a good day.

Matt

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

Juan,

If your University has an Identity and Access management system, I recommend asking for a conversation with your IT group about how to integrate "preferred name" into your campus systems. If your Webex hub synchronizes to Active Directory, your Webex profile name should adopt your set preferred name. 

If that path is not possible, exploring Webex People Insites may give you some of what you are looking for with less institutional lift. https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/n6x6b78/What-Are-People-Insights-Profiles?

Have a good day.

Matt

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.