cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording in Breakout Rooms

cgoitia
Level 1
Level 1

We teach communication skills and we assign students to breakout rooms to practice in smaller groups. Are we able to pin a person's video and record them presenting in each breakout room?

22 Replies 22

lentisco
Level 1
Level 1

Any change? Do you think they will do? Could be too much productive for them ... I hope they considerate it as soon as possible

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@nazir.haron , as mentioned earlier by @brdownin this is targeted in 2022.  It is not currently possible to record breakout rooms.

Response Signature

nazir.haron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Webex Team,
It is breakout session recording available on new update ..? TQ

- nazir

brdownin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is currently targeted for Q1 2022

Is this still on-track for Q1 2022? If so, do you have a release date and will the update be pushed or in a new release? Thanks.

@Jak_VS , I've heard that recording in breakout rooms has been moved out to at least Q2 and possibly Q3.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later as this is key to quite a few of our meetings and classes.

Response Signature

Advina_m
Level 1
Level 1

The instructor or meeting host can check the "Record Meetings Automatically" box when scheduling the meeting. This means that any time the meeting is started, recording will commence (if a meeting is started multiple times, such as a recurring meeting or a personal meeting room, there will be multiple recordings).

By default, only the host or co-host can initiate a recording. If another participant would like to record, the host will need to provide permission to that participant during the meeting.

When the host leaves the main room to join a breakout room, the cloud recording of the main Zoom session will pause. When the host returns to the main room, the cloud recording will resume.

Hosts may wish to pause the recording during Breakout Room sessions to avoid unnecessary recording. Hosts can then resume the recording when the participants rejoin the main session omegleazar.

Thanks

lentisco
Level 1
Level 1

Could be a good idea vote for this, that includes everything

Traslating & Interpreting Studies with Webex | User Community Feedback (aha.io)

Have a nice day!

Jesús F.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I attended a recent "What's New" update and was told they are working on getting recording in break out rooms.  The host didn't have a timeline for when but she mentioned that it is a priority.  I will upvote the idea you posted as well so thanks for including me.

Response Signature

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please go to the Cisco IDEA portal, and upvote this if you would like to see Recordings in Webex Breakout Sessions

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-172

@Coco77 @Kathy N. @lentisco @CraigJohns @cgoitia @MichaelKane60 

Made! Thx

Coco77
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any plans to offer this feature of recording all breakout rooms? If not, we will be switching to Zoom soon.

I am feeling the pressure as well, everyone advocating for switching to the Z for this feature...

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Do we have an update on when recording in break out rooms will be available?  

Response Signature

Have a nice day!

Jesús

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Unfortunately, not at this time. See the link here for limitations.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/n95bwg3/Known-Issues-and-Limitations-for-Cisco-Webex-Training

Video is not available in Breakout sessions.
Recording does not record breakout sessions.

Please be on the lookout for future updates - it is expected that Breakout rooms will come to Webex Meetings and these functions may be supported then.

Could be a good idea have a look for this, that includes everything

Have a nice day!

J.

Hi Mike. We have all been waiting patiently for the record feature in the Breakout Rooms. So many time we have been informed that it will be in the next release and then nothing. We have clients who will only use Webex and we are required to record our sessions including all Breakout Rooms. We have to get them to log out of one webex account into another during a session. THis means valuable time lost each time we get them to go out and join another session or rejoin. Sometimes they get so frustrated they don't return. This makes WEBEX, our company and our client look unprofessional every time. It requires us to hire other staff to manage the different rooms and it limits how many programs we can deliver at anyone time. Can you please provide us when it will be included as our business is being constrained by this one feature that is missing? Thanks Craig

Have a nice day!

J.

Do you know if would be so much to ask you about allow recording in breakout rooms?

Friendly Regards,

Jesús

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.