cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Password

rmneil383
Level 1
Level 1

I am a college professor. I have been using Webex instead of traditional classroom meetings. I have recorded these and given links to my students. Inputting the password is awkward. Is there a way to not have a password, or to embed it in the URL?

1 Accepted Solution

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@rmneil383 , depending on the admin settings of your Webex site it is possible to remove the password protection of your recordings.
Log into your Webex site and click on Recordings on the left to display all your recordings. On the right of the recording  click on the icon with the three dots and  select "Edit":
Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png
When you edit the recording you can uncheck "Password protection":
Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png

(On my Webex site this capability has been disabled by the administrator and hence it's greyed out)

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@rmneil383 , depending on the admin settings of your Webex site it is possible to remove the password protection of your recordings.
Log into your Webex site and click on Recordings on the left to display all your recordings. On the right of the recording  click on the icon with the three dots and  select "Edit":
Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png
When you edit the recording you can uncheck "Password protection":
Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png

(On my Webex site this capability has been disabled by the administrator and hence it's greyed out)

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think the purpose of this is to not host some video, and make a personal YouTube out of it...

However, you could use the same password for all the videos, i presume...

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.