cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recordings design

elbaudg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I want to change the layout during my recordings. I just want to stay focused on the content of my shared presentations. I know there is an option in preferencies>recordings>recording design, and I tried several times but my camera still appears during my recordings. Does anyone know If there is something else I have to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Unfortunately, I would have to then suggest opening a support case with Webex.  They will need the webex site, meeting number, and possibly some logs from your machine.  The logs are best gathered now, as they are eventually overwritten.  To gather the logs:
MAC
Windows

I recommend opening the case online so you can attach all your data and screenshots, then calling to get it moving along.  This can  saves about a day of time waiting for it to be routed.

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

Response Signature

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just wanted to show the selections available, at the moment.
I'm a very visual person, and it is easier for me to understand when I see it.
You should be using the option all the way to the right, in the top row (Focused Content).

Webex_recording_layout.png

temp.png@ elbaudg what he posted above is where I was going. But if you want no video ever and only shared content, you need it to look like this:

Response Signature

I didn´t attach the images correctly on the last post now this is what it looks like :

SharedScreenshot.jpgCaptura de pantalla 2022-07-14 14.33.02.png

Thanks!  So obviously the setting do look accurate.  I have a question about the meeting screenshot...is this captured live during the meeting, or is this a screenshot of the recording?  It is unclear only because I don't see the player bar or time-lapse bar in the bottom.  It looks as if it is a screenshot from the actual meeting.  If I'm correct, the recording setting do no affect what you or users see live on the screen, it only affects the actual MP4 file that is captured.  Can you clarify?

Response Signature

Hi!
The image I sent was a screenshot of the recording (MP4 file); you are
right. By the way, I have recorded videos with the previous version of
Webex, and everything was great with my MP4 files focused on the content of
my presentation. :´(

Unfortunately, I would have to then suggest opening a support case with Webex.  They will need the webex site, meeting number, and possibly some logs from your machine.  The logs are best gathered now, as they are eventually overwritten.  To gather the logs:
MAC
Windows

I recommend opening the case online so you can attach all your data and screenshots, then calling to get it moving along.  This can  saves about a day of time waiting for it to be routed.

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

Response Signature

Thank you for your kindest support of my issue. I will open a case online as you suggested.

You're welcome!

Response Signature

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're in the right place.  Are you certain you logged into the correct Webex meeting site (in case you have more than one)?
Are you modifying both the settings...for when there is shared content and when there is not?  Can you screenshot your settings?  

Response Signature

Dear Stephanie,
I answer your kindlest questions to solve my problem:
I logged into my only Webex meeting site.
I am modifying both settings, for when there is shared content and when
there is not. This is a screenshot of my settings.

[image: image.png]

Try clicking SAVE on those same settings again, under the Recordings tab.
I've had many instances where I've had to just click "SAVE" to make a setting work (User not being able to record to cloud or see Breakout Sessions in the LMS)

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.