cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio in Hands On Labs

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

We have some hands-on lab computers that have audio requirements for the students.  In our testing it appears that audio can not play on the student's computer.  Can someone confirm this is true and, if it is, does the roadmap have this included as a future feature?

Thanks,

Response Signature

3 Replies 3

John Tansey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, audio in hands-on-labs are not carried/mixed over to the system managing/controlling that hands on lab.

You could load a virtual audio cable adapter and play an audio file/video file with audio, or other content in a browser and get it to play through this local virtual audio driver, but the machine 'controlling' the remote desktop will not 'hear it' locally.

In other words there is no way for the host machine to connect to/mix the audio on the hands-on-lab directly.

But if they were both joined to say a Webex meeting and you have the virtual audio device running, with a virtual cable driver to direct say the output of an mp4 file to the local microphone, and then choose that microphone in say Webex or similar application, the audio will work in that manner.

Does that help at all or?

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post Webex related questions in the applicable forum, either Webex ADMIN for admin related tasks related to Control Hub configs,

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-administration/bd-p/collab-webex

Or the Webex USER community for any user related questions, or that are non-admin questions

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-user-community/ct-p/webex-user

I'll move this post to the applicable forum, but please post any future questions in the right forum.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I was in the colab community when I posted this so thought I was in the correct forum.  Thanks for moving it for me.  

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.