Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Grey screen blocking part of presentation

We are getting ready to stream our grade 8 graduation live from our school.   On the host computer everything looks fine.  On the participants computers, there is a gray screen covering part of the presentation.   We have logged on and off, started new streams etc.    We need help!    

3 Replies 3

Avinash Gaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @donna_burkholder ,

Thanks for posting your question on the communities!

Are you sharing the screen or sharing just the application?

It is possible that while sharing the application, there is a presentation player which is used to move the presentation by the presenter, but it shows up as a grey box to the participants.

That player should be moved to another screen so that it does not block the presentation. 

If the above is not the case, please share a screen-shot of your issue.

Hope this helps!

Please rate the posts you find helpful!

Thanks,

Avinash Gaur

Response Signature

The presenter was sharing a Google Slide Show. 

The plan was to have 2 computers.   1 sharing the slide how, the other (me) on the video call and talking about the students presenting awards etc.  As soon as we let a few of the other teachers in, the gray screen appeared on my computer as well as the other people.  It did not appear on the computer that was running the Google photos slide show.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The gray box is likely due to the presenter sharing the application only, and has either a pop up or something in front of the application.

If you are trying to share an app only, like powerpoint, I suggest that the presenter either minimize, set do not disturbs, or close out of other apps.