Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

How can I stop the webex desktop application displaying my outlook calendar

When I start the webex desktop application on windows 10 it is showing all the meetings in my outlook calendar.

I have not given webex permission to access my outlook calendar, so how do I disable webex's access to outlook so that it does not attach itself to a random calendar.

I do not want webex displaying any data from my outlook calendar.

I have not enabled webex integration in outlook.

Everyone's tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Re: How can I stop the webex desktop application displaying my outlook calendar

In the webex meetings desktop app, Open the preferences > Calendar. There should only be two options. Switch to Webex meeting and it will only link to meetings scheduled from webex.
Highlighted

The webex desktop application does not list "webex" as an option. It only shows Outlook and that is pre-selected.

I have tried all the command line installation switches and none of them stop the application grabbing a random outlook calendar and displaying it with the application.

The email address I have used for my guest account is not my windows login and does not have an outlook mailbox on this specific PC, so the app is merrily getting access to outlook without providing any credentials.

Every time I am invited to a webex meeting it is prompting to install the app if its not their already, and the meeting is then launched by the app.

I would not be objecting so much if the Webex desktop app had an option not to show "today" but its currently displaying a private calendar which I cannot either hide or unlink.

Highlighted
Beginner

We have the same problem and we have now told the staff that webex is not allowed.

This sort of privacy breach is simply not on.

Cisco - it's time you provided us with an option to let users control what webex sees.

Highlighted
Beginner

Same here. While I have options "Outlook" or "WebEx", I want "Neither". I set up meetings for many other people, and WebEx client is constantly popping up on my desktop, hijacking my sound and loading up my CPU. Stop doing that! I already have an application that manages my schedule, far superior to WebEx client, and I don't want WebEx to usurp that role. I am tired of constantly having to uninstall this stupid thing and then having to reinstall it every time I have a legitimate meeting. As far as I am concerned, Cisco has entered the realm of making malware. I have told my team we will be switching to another teleconferencing solution. I don't understand how Cisco can be so deaf to user concerns.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Is everyone here saying that when you go to Settings >> Preferences >> Calendar ...  you do not see a 'Webex Meeting" option similar to the one attached in my screenshot?

Please let me know and if you can also send a screenshot, that will be extremely helpful

Highlighted
Beginner

When you are using Webex as a guest, there is no other option for calendar except for "Microsoft Outlook" and there seems to be no way to change it.

However, when you sign in with an account you can choose which calendar you want to use for your meeting list, between "Webex Meeting" and "Microsoft Outlook"

Highlighted
Beginner

"you can choose which calendar you want to use for your meeting list, between "Webex Meeting" and "Microsoft Outlook"" -- I want NEITHER. WebEx is not my event organizer. I already have other tools for that. On the one hand I have a snooper who wants to manage my Outlook events (who even came up with this bizarre idea?), on the other I have a constant popup because I also set up WebEx meetings for other people, so it pops up for each of them, like a Roly-poly, and other time it attempts to hijack my sound. I need to stop this behavior or my team will move to Zoom.

Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Please look into the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools\FeatureControl

Change - FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_CALENDAR_INTEGRATION - to Value of 0.

This will enable the option of None in the Desktop app preferences.

Then

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools

Change - AppCalendarType - to value of 4

This will set the calendar type to None

This works on my account, however I am not sure if it will stick as its under CURRENT_USERS.  might need to do the same under HKEY_USERS as well.

Highlighted

I did not have FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_CALENDAR_INTEGRATION in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools\FeatureControl, so I created it and set it to 0.

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools, I also set AppCalendarType to 4.

No luck.

I did not change make these changes under HKEY_USERS. I do not consider it to be user-friendly to have to figure out the user account codes therein and jury rig the WebEx registry entries on the basis of individual accounts. All in the hopes that it will disable this behaviour (at least for the current update)

Highlighted
Beginner

Alas, the trick with the registry keys seemed to work only for a few days. As soon as a legitimate meeting for me popped up, the whole spectacle started again, and now it pops up and hijacks my sound every few hours, round the clock. As I stated before, it behaves like a virus, and so it will be treated.

Highlighted
Beginner

Screenshot attached.  I did not give Webex my Microsoft credentials, so how did it get my calendar??

Highlighted
Beginner

As mentioned in this thread before, this problem occurs only when your are working with a guest account (see screenshot).

When logging in with a Webex account, the following keys are generated:

[HKEY_USERS\xxx\Software\WebEx\ProdTools\FeatureControl]

"FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_GOOGLE_MEETING_LIST"=dword:00000000
"FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_PUSH_NOTIFICATION"=dword:00000000
"FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_CALENDAR_INTEGRATION"=dword:00000001

As soon as you log off, they get deleted.

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hi,

Is there an solution for this? Because i find this very anyoing i've als reported this to our security team because i think it's a security breach.

Content for Community-Ad
Welcome to the Webex Community