cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I stop the webex desktop application displaying my outlook calendar

AndrewSims24185
Level 1
Level 1

When I start the webex desktop application on windows 10 it is showing all the meetings in my outlook calendar.

I have not given webex permission to access my outlook calendar, so how do I disable webex's access to outlook so that it does not attach itself to a random calendar.

I do not want webex displaying any data from my outlook calendar.

I have not enabled webex integration in outlook.

27 Replies 27

As mentioned in this thread before, this problem occurs only when your are working with a guest account (see screenshot).

When logging in with a Webex account, the following keys are generated:

[HKEY_USERS\xxx\Software\WebEx\ProdTools\FeatureControl]

"FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_GOOGLE_MEETING_LIST"=dword:00000000
"FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_PUSH_NOTIFICATION"=dword:00000000
"FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_CALENDAR_INTEGRATION"=dword:00000001

As soon as you log off, they get deleted.

Screenshot attached.  I did not give Webex my Microsoft credentials, so how did it get my calendar??

When you are using Webex as a guest, there is no other option for calendar except for "Microsoft Outlook" and there seems to be no way to change it.

However, when you sign in with an account you can choose which calendar you want to use for your meeting list, between "Webex Meeting" and "Microsoft Outlook"

"you can choose which calendar you want to use for your meeting list, between "Webex Meeting" and "Microsoft Outlook"" -- I want NEITHER. WebEx is not my event organizer. I already have other tools for that. On the one hand I have a snooper who wants to manage my Outlook events (who even came up with this bizarre idea?), on the other I have a constant popup because I also set up WebEx meetings for other people, so it pops up for each of them, like a Roly-poly, and other time it attempts to hijack my sound. I need to stop this behavior or my team will move to Zoom.

Please look into the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools\FeatureControl

Change - FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_CALENDAR_INTEGRATION - to Value of 0.

This will enable the option of None in the Desktop app preferences.

Then

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools

Change - AppCalendarType - to value of 4

This will set the calendar type to None

This works on my account, however I am not sure if it will stick as its under CURRENT_USERS.  might need to do the same under HKEY_USERS as well.

Alas, the trick with the registry keys seemed to work only for a few days. As soon as a legitimate meeting for me popped up, the whole spectacle started again, and now it pops up and hijacks my sound every few hours, round the clock. As I stated before, it behaves like a virus, and so it will be treated.

I did not have FEATURE_SITE_ENABLE_CALENDAR_INTEGRATION in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools\FeatureControl, so I created it and set it to 0.

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebEx\ProdTools, I also set AppCalendarType to 4.

No luck.

I did not change make these changes under HKEY_USERS. I do not consider it to be user-friendly to have to figure out the user account codes therein and jury rig the WebEx registry entries on the basis of individual accounts. All in the hopes that it will disable this behaviour (at least for the current update)