cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to setup a meeting only allow Host can see all other attendees but prevent attendees to see other attendees

JoeyHong221
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to setup a kind of webinar session, 1 host to many attendees, but we don't want attendees to see or to know how many other attendees have join the meeting.  Attendees can only see the host.

Any advice?

1 Accepted Solution

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The Webex Event would work well for this since it only lets the host and presenters be seen by attendees.  If you need the attendees to interact using audio, you have to individually turn on/off access for them during the session. Chat services are also limited to the host. 

In Webex Meetings, you can change the attendee permissions so they can't see the participant list but I believe they would still see the video of them.  

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The Webex Event would work well for this since it only lets the host and presenters be seen by attendees.  If you need the attendees to interact using audio, you have to individually turn on/off access for them during the session. Chat services are also limited to the host. 

In Webex Meetings, you can change the attendee permissions so they can't see the participant list but I believe they would still see the video of them.  

Response Signature

Thank you! It was helpful!
Where can I find this option (change the attendee permissions)? I wouldn't like them to see each other.

Thanks Kathy. Too bad Cisco does not offer free trial on webex event, so I couldn't try it out before subscribe the service. End up I have to consider other service providers. Thanks again.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.