cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microphone Not Working On WebEx Session

John.Schneider
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Jabra Pro headset.  When joining a WebEx meeting, I can hear the audio, but the microphone is not working.  When taking calls on my phone it works fine.  I've checked all the setting I can find, but can't figure out where the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
When in the webex meeting, open the menu Audion > Speaker, Microphone, and Camera. In this pop up, please ensure your correct mic is selected. IT will allow you to test and see the audio meter bars as well.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

The only thing I can add to this is a recent experience where one of my Participants, using Win 10, wasn't able to use their mic. I found that in Windows Privacy Settings the mic wasn't selected to allow Apps to use the device. Once I enabled it.. the mic worked perfectly.

gabriela-webex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Had the same problem and solved it as Mike says on his reply. Only adding that I had 2 options offered for the MIC, "headphones" and "headset", being Headset the one that includes MIC and therefore works. Attaching screenshot.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
When in the webex meeting, open the menu Audion > Speaker, Microphone, and Camera. In this pop up, please ensure your correct mic is selected. IT will allow you to test and see the audio meter bars as well.

I have the same problem - and this is not a settings problem in the app. I've into my 3rd pair of Jabra but there is always a challenge to get the mic to work in WebEx. But the same challenge is with Teams so it is on the OS level (running Mac Pro 2023 + Jabra Elite 7 Pro)... I never got it to work and are using another Mic instead.

Check List:

1. Check Sound Mixer

2. Privacy Settings

3. Headphone settings

4. Drivers

Hello Mike,

I have a Mic. problem with new WebEx 40 and WebEx 41 on Windows 7 32bit PC.

In settings, I choose a right Audio Device "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio" (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_3005103C) and I can perform a good test for both Speaker and Microphone, but when I use WebEx in a call, the Speaker works fine while the Mic. NO.

The other people connected in a call, told me that my voice is not clear and intermittent.

So, I had to Rool Back to WebEx Teams 3.0.15410.0  to have a normal functionality and modify Windows Registry to avoid Automatic Update.

I've tried to change different Driver versions without any effect.

On other Windows 10 64bit PC both WebEx 40 and WebEx 41 with different HW (Realtek) work fine.

Are the new WebEx 40/41 working only on Windows 10 OS?

Could you help me, please?

Many thanks in advance.

I don't see and "Audion" menu.  When I click on the "gear" icon, I got "Preferences", then I had to guess that audio settings might be under "Meeting join options" (the title is too obscure!)  Then, I see "Video device" and "Computer audio, phone, and camera".  There is a button for testing "Speaker" but no button for testing "Microphone".  The whole thing is poorly put together.

2020-11-20 11_43_00-Preferences.png

Hi Mike,

I'm having a similar issue, but when I open up the settings, the Mic drop down bar is greyed out "no microphone". It states it cannot detect a mic device. Now, if I open up my computer's camera app, the mic works just fine and is detected. I'm only having issues when on a webex. 

My headset was appearing in the sound option, but the headst wasn't appearing in the mic?