cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mute Button grayed out?

AV Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Today we have found  that all of our WebEx meetings at one facility has the mute button grayed out?!    We have tried restarting the meetings etc. nothing seems to work.  Any thoughts on how this could happen at one facility?

13 Replies 13

strongbad2
Level 1
Level 1

In our case the button is grayed out for users only joining by call-in or call me. I have logged a support case and it is without resolution at this point.

I have a case as well. I am pulling logs for them to review. We too are using call-in.

Do the devices you are using have hardware mics?

In my testing I just now I determined the following:

It appears that somehow the initial device hardware check for the mic when the webex client program opens is superseding the call in mic.

If I join or start a meeting on a PC and choose call in or call back, and the device I am using has a functional mic, the call in option mute button works fine.

If I do the same thing on a device that does not have a mic, the call in option mute button fails with the “mic not detected” error. Not having a detected mic is entirely the reason I would use the call in or call back option.

What could have changed to cause this issue? Got any ideas on control hub settings that could help?

This is the error displayed when hovering over the mute button:

We can’t detect a microphone. Make sure your device is connected correctly and try again.

This is our same problem.

By same problem, you mean 1) the technical description or 2) you are in a trial or transitioning out of one?

Sam technical description.

AVEngineer, are you on WBS version 40.6? We are. Issue may be hitting only WBS 40.6

https://help.webex.com/en-us/qgij81/Find-Your-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Version-Number

Support has advised me that this is a known bug in 40.6.x and that to correct you should get to 40.7.3 or 40.8.

We have not determined what changed to cause this bug to appear, but it was working previously and nothing changed on our end to cause it.

AVEngineer, when was the first time you observed this issue and when was the last time you held a successful event with call-in capability?

We noticed first issue July 14, and previously had not seen it in an event held July 1 7:30 PM EST. In between is when the issue must have started.

AVEngineer, are you in a trial or paid Webex subscription or transitioning from one to the other?

Paid subscription
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.