Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Not able to assign some participants to breakout room

Recently, when I am using the breakout function in the Webex, some participants are not shown on the list. So I cannot assign them to the breakout rooms. Does anyone have a similar problem and how can it be solved? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Check https://help.webex.com/en-us/nics5vf/Webex-Meetings-Known-Issues-and-Limitations-for-Breakout-Sessions
Check how they are joining the meeting.
If they are audio only participants they will not be able to be assigned to a breakout room.

Response Signature

Highlighted

Can you elaborate this a bit more?  The FAQ is a bit unclear:

If a participant connects via cell phone or landline - will they shifted to the breakout and have audio?

If a participant connects via iOS or android using the Webex mobile app - will they shifted to the break and have audio?

If a participant connects via computer for video and connects via cell phone or landline for audio - - will they shift to the breakout and have audio?  

Is there a way to merge the 2 audio and video instances of the participant before assigning or opening breakouts? If so, will the merged participant shift to the breakout and have audio?

Highlighted
Beginner

I have had this same problem but wasn't able to duplicate it with those specific users so not sure what caused it at the time.  I'm getting similar complaints for staff but haven't been able to work with anyone to duplicate it yet.

Highlighted
Beginner

I do think there is a high possibility that the answer lies in the post from Ashish, there are some type of participants that are not supported in breakout sessions ATM, namely the following line:

Breakout session can't be joined from a video device, Cisco Webex Teams, or by phone only participants.

OP, I suggest that you check if this matching what happened to you...

/Thomas

Content for Community-Ad