cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Says the Host has not Started the Meeting, Even When They Have

BelenG
Level 1
Level 1

When attempting to join a meeting, Webex tells me that the host has not started the meeting and that I can notify the host that I am ready. However, after emailing my host afterwards, I know that Webex tells me this even when the host has started the meeting. I am also not sure if the host ever receives my notification. My host does not know or is unable to record the meetings.

3 Replies 3

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@BelenG , have you asked the host to check if there were persons waiting in the lobby? Maybe the host has to manually admit all persons to the meeting?

Response Signature

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@BelenG , if you get a message that you can "notify the host" it means that you have been put in the lobby of this meeting. If you click "notify", then the host will get an email saying that someone is waiting in the lobby.

Depending on the settings of the Webex site you'll be automatically admitted to the meeting when the host joins, or the host has to manually admit you to the meeting. When the host starts the meeting, he can see (in the top right corner) if people are still waiting in the lobby.

Response Signature

Yes, but the problem is that I still get the screen even after the host
starts the meeting. I have tried closing Webex and trying again. I forgot
to mention in my post that I am using the application, not the browser
version of Webex.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.