cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding co-hosts to an existing meeting

HansKamp54855
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to add one of the participants in a Webex-meeting as a co-host to the meeting, as I am not sure to be able to join the meeting from the start.
I can not find the option on the Webex-site how to do this.
Anyone any suggestions?

10 Replies 10

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @HansKamp54855 ,

If I understand it correctly, you want to make someone a co-host for one of your (future) scheduled meetings?

If you scheduled the meeting via the web interface of your Webex site, then you can edit the meeting via the web interface:

Cisco_Webex_Meetings_Edit.png

In the list of attendees you will see a small icon next to the persons who also have an account on your Webex site. By selecting this icon, you can make this person a co-host of this meeting. You will notice that guests (i.e. persons without an account on your Webex site) cannot be selected as co-host.

Make_this_attendee_as_cohost_and_Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png

In the advanced features (of the scheduling interface) you can also select that any first person with an account on your Webex site, will automatically become the cohost of your meeting:

Cisco_Webex_Meetings_cohost.png

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

Thank you Goswin.

You have found the answer to my question: "a small icon next to the persons who also have an account on your Webex site".

I have been trying to add someone as a co-host who has been invited but does not have an account.

It may be hard to believe but there are still persons in my working-environment without an account for Webex....

Just one thing to do: have all your colleagues sign up for a Webex account!

Response Signature

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

You can right click on the participant name and change role to will have the option to make them a co-host.

Response Signature

Hi @Kathy N. ,

This is indeed something you can do when you are already in the meeting.
I think that Hans's question was related to scheduled meetings (that still have to take place).

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

Goswin is right: I would like to add a person as co-host for a meeting which is scheduled and has not been started yet.

This option is not available to me when using the Web-interface.

This might depend on what type of device you are joining from as well as if you are using the meeting app or the browser.  When you right click on the person's name in the participant panel, do you get a menu that includes the option to "Change role to" on the screen.  If not, what options do you see when you right click?

Response Signature

The option to "Change role to" is not available to me when I right click on a person's name in the participant panel as you can see:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D6933F.2BE13310]

How can I make a person co-host?

@HansKamp54855 , could you post your screenshot again? Unfortunately the one you posted here above is not visible for me.

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.