cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert when available

dragland11
Level 1
Level 1

We are moving from Jabber to WebEx. Is there some way to have the "Alert when available" functionality in WebEx. If so we have not been able to find it. I use that feature very frequently and will miss it dearly.

6 Replies 6

I can see a feature request for the same with status Future Consideration.So hopefully will see this feature soon . 

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-1267

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-1212

Response Signature

This looked to be scheduled for this summer, but now looks to have slipped into next year.

This is really unfortunate.  It is a real business feature, as it takes the use of presence to a new level.  It is especially important in a hybrid work world.

Not having this feature alone has caused parts of our company to go to Teams. 

Hello,  is there a way I can be notified of a date for this feature?  thanks!

I recently spoke to the product manager that owns this feature, and I expressed how important a feature it is.

#1 This wasn't said to me -- but, I think features like this may have been deprioritized because Cisco might view it as the kind of things some users might look at as a privacy thing.  "My boss can see when I become available".  I think that is over thinking this feature.  The value of presence is super powerful, and knowing when I can call someone when they are off the phone or available has huge productivity value.
#2 I believe these features are hard to develop for all platforms -- desktop, mobile, etc.  I expressed that it would be super helpful to just have this on the desktop application to start, as that is 95% of the place where it is needed.

Hoping to see something sooner than later.

Has there been any updates to the requests for "alerting when available" in webex?

Thank you for the response. We will look forward to hopefully having this implemented.