cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendee joins as Host

semorri
Level 1
Level 1

To make it easy..  my name is Jane.  My colleague's name is Jack.  We both have WEBEX accounts.  When Jack sets up a meeting, he doesn't invite attendees directly.  He forwards the email generated from WEBEX with the link to the meeting.  When I use the link and join the meeting, I show up as Jack, not Jane.  Why? And how can I fix that?  

2 Replies 2

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @semorri ,

When the host schedules a meeting he will receive an email from Webex mentioning "You are the host for this Webex meeting" with a link to "Start Meeting". This link contains information about the meeting id, the host and the password in order to have a simple join experience. That's the reason why the host cannot just forward this email to all participants.

When the host invites people via the scheduler, they will get an email saying "<hostname> invites you to join this Webex meeting"  with a link to "Join meeting".

Hence I would highly recommend to invite participants via the scheduler or to use the Productivity Tools in order to create your meeting invitation directly from Outlook.

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

@semorri ,

Oh dear. My colleague and I had exactly that problem! I estimate it wasted over 100 hours of our company's time and many calls with the TAC and numerous emails and Webex chats to get it sorted.

Contact TAC, and refer them to case SR 689495353 (Created about July 30 and resolved about Sep 2)

I hope this helps

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.