Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio Issues

Hello, I'm a 9th grade student in Greece, and I've been having audio issues in all of my meetings recently. I cannot listen to anything, and as it appears nobody can listen to me either, at some random point, the sound comes back, and everything is operational, but about two or three minutes later I return to my previous situation. I do not know what might be causing it, or what to do to fix it, but any help is much appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

5 Replies 5

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess, you will need to provide more technical details:
- which device are you using? (Tablet? Smartphone? Computer? which operating System?
- What Software are you using? Webex? Webex-Meetings? The Web-Client? (Which Browser?)
- what type of connection are you using? (wifi? UMTS/LTE? Ethernet?)
- are there also video-issues? or is it an audio-only meeting?

Computer. MAC OS 10.9.5

Webex-Meetings

Ethernet

no video-issues. only audio

Thanks for your answer.
Is there any chance to test with an external webcam (which includes a microphone) or just an external microphone?
(as an attempt to narrow down the possible sources of this audio-issue.)

Camera and Microphone are okay, as I'm using discord normally. It's probably the really old software. I dont think Webex Meetings supports 10.9.5

These are the system-requirements for
"the new Webex":
https://help.webex.com/en-us/nw5p67g/Webex-Installation-and-Automatic-Upgrade#Cisco_Reference.dita_de900cc1-f16e-40c3-86d6-f65e4ad28c8c

Mac Recommended Minimum System Requirements

These requirements are continuously reviewed and may be revised.

• MacOS 10.12 and later.

• M1 chip or Intel CPU-based (4 GB of RAM minimum recommended).

...and for Webex-Meetings:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/1vek5r/Webex-Meetings-System-Requirements-and-Cross-Platform-Information

Mac OS X

• 11.0 (Big Sur)

As it seems, you are right about the Operating-System needing an update/upgrade.