Views
Helpful
Replies

auto sign-out from the webex app after closing the app

s.buerger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

in our conference rooms, we have computers where an "anonymous" user is logged in to Windows. (like: Room-A).

Now the user starts the WebEx-App and enter his WebEx credentials (like user: user-b@mydomain.com, password: xxx).

After the Webex Meeting the user close the app and logoff  from the Windows computer.

If another user start the computer (same "room-user like Room-A) this user is automatically connected to WebEx with the credentials from user user-b@mydomain.com

My question:

Is it possible to sign-out the last user if the WebEx app will be closed?

Regards

Stephan

P.S.: Please excuse my bad English.

5 Replies 5

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Workaround: You may create a logoff script for that machine that may delete the %LOCALAPPDATA%\CiscoSparkLauncher, %LOCALAPPDATA%\CiscoSpark, and %LOCALAPPDATA%\Webex folder.

If you've done an administrative installation on the machine before, the Webex app will be copied from there to the user's local appdata directory.

You'd have to keep trac of app updates yourself (as the main installation folder will keep the old version), and the user's cache will be deleted, for sure.

But it could work

Hello dtibbe,

thank you for this information. I will try it soon.

Kinde Regards

Stephan

Hi @s.buerger 

AFIK there is no option for this, but there is this configuration that you can enable in Control Hub as admin: 

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/2j42yk/Enable-Idle-Timeout-for-Webex-for-Web

idle_timeouts.JPG

As far as I understand, it works for web users (the title says "Enable Idle Timeout for Webex for Web", and then there is this explanation: "You can enable idle timeout for Webex for web users..."). However, the topic starter mentioned _Webex app_, not the web UI, and I expect (although I did not check it yet) that this setting will have no effect for users logged in using the app.

s.buerger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

After two months, I would like to ask again if somebody could help me.

Kind Regards

Stephan

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.