cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bad video quality problem during meeting/seminar through all participants

MinP6380
Level 1
Level 1

While going through the meeting for web-seminar through webex, the video/screen quality goes bad randomly.

We are using OBS program to make webex seminar more dynamically.

However it shows well on our camera and screen but once it goes through webex, it appears badly on all the participants' screen.

It comes randomly.

The problem appears with brightened screen and little bit of blurry too which cause participants can't read presentation.

Normal Screen.pngBad screen.png

(Normal screen)                                                           (Bad quality screen)

As you can see, the whole screen goes really really bright and blurry.

It comes without notice and it goes away randomly.

Is there anyone have same problem with me during the meeting/seminar?

1 Accepted Solution

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@MinP6380 

This is what I understand:
you are mixing 2 video-sources (camera and PPT) using OBS and feed that result to Webex via a virtual-camera.

guessing:
Webex does not know, that the video-content is more than "just a face".
-> perhaps the automatic brightness-adjustment causes the issue you experience.
You may want to try disabling that in the Camera-options in webex.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/n3t9lrab/Select-Advanced-Video-Settings-for-Webex-Meetings

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

5G Fox
Level 1
Level 1

We had this same problem and after wasting everyone's time troubleshooting we found it was this poorly implemented "Automatic camera brightness" adjust feature. DO NOT USE this feature. Do not use Webex, if you have the option. This "Automatic camera brightness" option is usually automatically selected upon startup. So right out of the box your video quality is going to look terrible. Disable this option!!!!!

This auto camera brightness added a nasty green hue to our video feed. Of course, we are not your normal Webex user. We are feeding the Webex meeting via web presenter from our video mixer. All the video and computer inputs are mixed on the video mixer and we feed our program output to a Blackmagic web presenter which presents a "webcam" to WebEx. We expend quite a bit of effort in maintaining video quality and, frankly, we do not normally use Webex (this is one of many reasons why). (We only use Webex occasionally depending on our audience requirements.)

When using Zoom (which we usually use) we do not have any color shifts or image degradation. 

My point in posting this issue to help other content producers avoid this terrible color shift issue. A video streaming program is not supposed to make your video feed look worse. So if your WebEx stream is looking terrible and your output is just fine, then the issue is most likely what I referenced above as WebEx's poorly implemented and sloppy code in what they refer to as "adjust auto camera brightness."  DISABLE DISABLE DISABLE

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@MinP6380 

This is what I understand:
you are mixing 2 video-sources (camera and PPT) using OBS and feed that result to Webex via a virtual-camera.

guessing:
Webex does not know, that the video-content is more than "just a face".
-> perhaps the automatic brightness-adjustment causes the issue you experience.
You may want to try disabling that in the Camera-options in webex.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/n3t9lrab/Select-Advanced-Video-Settings-for-Webex-Meetings

Not so sure that your solution was the real affective one but I worked well for me.

I had same meeting with same specs(more than 80 people participated, using OBS program to use camera screen and presentation slide together for one screen).

This time I disabled automatic brightness-adjustment and the problem didn't happen at all.

I guess webex camera / screen was automatically adjusting its' brightness since it doesn't recognize whether it is camera or OBS program with presentation screen.

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.