cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bluetooth headset audio issue in webex meetings

rohith.balusu1
Level 1
Level 1

Recently I ran into a bizarre issue with WebEx meetings. I use a bluetooth headset (Infinity Tranz 700) for webex calls and meetings. This was working fine. And it suddenly stopped working for meetings from a couple of weeks. I saw some updates during the that timeline but I cant be sure.  Headset works perfectly if I call someone directly in WebEx teams. Both outgoing and incoming audio is working fine.  But if I join a meeting, audio wont work in both directions. Strange thing is the 'Audio test' works perfectly in the meetings but the actual audio never works. Zoom and google meet works perfectly with the same settings. Tried below things but couldn't make it work

-> restarted audio service

-> Updated headset drivers

-> Uninstalled driver and installed it back again

-> Tried selecting 'System settings', 'Headset' in Audio settings

-> Uninstalled and installed WebEx meetings.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@rohith.balusu1 
Please allow me to make sure we do not have a misunderstanding:
Webex-Teams has been renamed "Webex" several month ago: in case your Client-Software is still called "Webex-Teams" you may need to update. But actually that should happen automatically...
"Webex-Meetings" is now the name for the old "classic" Webex software.
You may of course install and use both using the same Webex-Account/-License.

This naming may be confusing since "webex meetings" may either refer to "multiple online meetings using webex" as well as to the Client-Software of the same name.

I have a dim/distant (?) memory of having read that Webex (-Teams) will start using the "Webex-Meetings" - Engine (?) at a certain Version-Level to provide the so called "full meeting experience" (= to close the feature-gap between Webex-Meetings and Webex-Meetings - Meetings (sic!)).

In case I do remember correctly about that "engine"-thing this may perhaps explain why your direct calls with Webex(-Teams) work fine (presumably using the Webex-Teams engine) while Meetings (which use the Meetings-Engine) may perhaps work with a different Audio-Config. Did you check and compare the Audio-Settings in both situations? Webex-Call and a Webex-Meeting?

@Fritz_H 

Thanks for the reply. And yes, my old teams software was already updated and it is now shown as "WebEx". And there is a second application called "Cisco WebEx meetings". And as you said, looks like both are using same engine for meetings. If I join a meeting using either "WebEx" or "Cisco WebEx meetings", it opens as a new tab under "WebEx"

I compared the audio configs between these but couldn't find any differences. Also, have you ever seen an issue where the "Audio Test' works but audio fails in actual meetings? This is what bugging me.

@rohith.balusu1 
The Audio-Test seem to be "work in progress" - at least I hope it is:
E.g. the sound-quality of the speaker-test... (well .. how to say that politely..?) ... "it reminds me of famous words about a small step which is a giant leap for mankind".  .. ;--)