Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Email Upload

18Simple4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Thanks for helping me with my last question... I am creating a Webex Teams space today, and I am wondering if there is a way to add the emails of my coworkers in bulk, rather than adding each individually... Or is there a workaround that could make it easier?

Thanks for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

herhodes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @18Simple4  ✋

While this isn't a native (in-product) feature yet, there IS a handy tool called Power Pack for users like you that ned more bulk actions like this here: https://apphub.webex.com/teams/applications/power-pack-power-pack. Its completely free and uses secure api's to perform tasks so you can rest assured your data remains safe. 

Here are some of the things you can do: 

Invites: Add hundreds of participants to spaces in bulk.

Broadcast: Send a message to multiple spaces at once.

Exodus: Leave spaces you no longer want to be a part of in bulk.

Export: Export space participants to a csv, screen, or new space.

Team Space Manager: Manage your Team spaces.

My Stats: Fun facts on your Webex Teams usage

Its pretty intuitive to use.  personally seeing my own usage of Teams was super interesting (and made me realise just how much I rely on it to get stuff done :) 

Good luck and thanks for the question & being a part of our community! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

maryburn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @18Simple4 ,

Thanks for your question. We are currently working on a way for you to bulk add users to a space or a team using their Outlook details and email address. The way this will work is you will be able to copy a list of users and their email from Outlook and paste them into the Add People input box in Webex Teams. This will stage all the users' avatars at once for you to review and confirm.

Please note that you need to ensure the emails are copied in the format: First Last (firstlast) <firstlast@cisco.com>; First1 Last1 (firstlast1) <firstlast1@cisco.com>. To get this format, you input the users you want to add in the 'To:' or 'CC:' fields in Outlook, highlight and copy them. This will copy them in the above format. Make sure that you expand any groups or mailer lists, as it needs to be individual emails in order for the bulk add to work.

This work is in progress and we expect to have it available in Webex Teams from the 25th of June 2020. If you have any questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Mary

herhodes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @18Simple4  ✋

While this isn't a native (in-product) feature yet, there IS a handy tool called Power Pack for users like you that ned more bulk actions like this here: https://apphub.webex.com/teams/applications/power-pack-power-pack. Its completely free and uses secure api's to perform tasks so you can rest assured your data remains safe. 

Here are some of the things you can do: 

Invites: Add hundreds of participants to spaces in bulk.

Broadcast: Send a message to multiple spaces at once.

Exodus: Leave spaces you no longer want to be a part of in bulk.

Export: Export space participants to a csv, screen, or new space.

Team Space Manager: Manage your Team spaces.

My Stats: Fun facts on your Webex Teams usage

Its pretty intuitive to use.  personally seeing my own usage of Teams was super interesting (and made me realise just how much I rely on it to get stuff done :) 

Good luck and thanks for the question & being a part of our community! 

bjamaspi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl

Currently there is no way to import users in a teams space. However Cisco has identified this and we already are working on it as an enhancement request. Currently no ETA. Appreciate your feedback

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.