cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I choose the country of the "Tap to Join" toll free number?

ren.bou
Level 1
Level 1

We are based in the United States. A coworker recently used the "Tap to Join" on very long Webex Meeting workshop and didn't realize it automatically went to the UK toll number. She ended up with a $500 phone bill! I don't want this to happen to anyone else, so how do I change the "Tap to join from a mobile device" toll number in the invitation to default to the U.S. number? 

This is a serious (and expensive) flaw in the Webex system. 

Annotation 2022-05-17 141500.jpg

ā€ƒ

1 Accepted Solution

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ren.bou,

This is not a flaw in the Webex System. This is a case of misconfiguration on your Webex site.

If you are a Webex Administrator then you can choose which call in numbers will be displayed to participants by enabling or disabling toll or toll-free numbers under Cisco Webex Meeting Sites > Configure example.webex.com > Audio Settings: 

DefaultCallIn.png

Similarly, you can assign default Call-In number(s) under Cisco Webex Meeting Sites > Configure example.webex.com > Audio Settings: DefaultCallIn.png

If you are Webex Administrator and if you have enabled "Allow hosts to set default call-in numbers (Meetings and Training only)" under Cisco Webex Meeting Sites > Configure example.webex.com > Common Settings then hosts can change default Call-In number under their personal site preferences. You can control it by disabling this feature:

DefaultCallIn.png

I hope this is helpful to you!

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ren.bou,

This is not a flaw in the Webex System. This is a case of misconfiguration on your Webex site.

If you are a Webex Administrator then you can choose which call in numbers will be displayed to participants by enabling or disabling toll or toll-free numbers under Cisco Webex Meeting Sites > Configure example.webex.com > Audio Settings: 

DefaultCallIn.png

Similarly, you can assign default Call-In number(s) under Cisco Webex Meeting Sites > Configure example.webex.com > Audio Settings: DefaultCallIn.png

If you are Webex Administrator and if you have enabled "Allow hosts to set default call-in numbers (Meetings and Training only)" under Cisco Webex Meeting Sites > Configure example.webex.com > Common Settings then hosts can change default Call-In number under their personal site preferences. You can control it by disabling this feature:

DefaultCallIn.png

I hope this is helpful to you!

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.