cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can someone help explain why iPhone and iPad PIP stope showing my face

ripemula
Level 1
Level 1

When I was using WebEx on iPad and iPhone I was able to start a meeting swipe up and see my face while I waited for other to join. Now on iOS and iPadOS 16.4 this no longer shows my face instead it shows my profile pic is there a way to change it back to showing what’s happening on the camera like before 

8 Replies 8

JayGee
Level 1
Level 1

This WAS such a useful app until this feature was destroyed. Who is responsible? Apple or Cisco?

This ranks right up there with Apple's "We won't let you record audio while you're talking on FaceTime".

Apple: 'It's our device. We just "let you" use it. Even though you've paid $1000 bucks for it'

[rant complete]

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I have an iPhone XR (v16.4.1 (2) and Webex 43.5.0 and when I turn on the camera in a meeting, I see myself in the video.  Note that the setting to "answer calls with video on" only affects inbound calls to you, not when you join a meeting.  Another setting you can check is the app permissions.  In your iPhone Settings, scroll down to Webex and verify that Camera is toggled on.  

Response Signature

I have checked this and there is no troggel about video feeds and the camera toggle in my iPhone general settings is giving the app permission 

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @ripemula,

It's possible that the default setting for the video preview has changed with the latest update of iOS/iPadOS, causing your profile picture to appear instead of the live camera feed.

Do you check the general settings ? [Preview My Video] toggle ?

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Where do I find this setting because I don’t see it in the app 

IMG_1897.png

IMG_1898.jpeg

I also just finished checking and that isn’t a setting on the iPhone in any of the setting not in pip setting not in WebEx setting so it just dose this on it’s own and never was an option to switch in setting 

I don’t see that in setting when using my iPad or iPhone 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.