Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't join to Webex meeting on Monterey MacOs M1 chip

dmytro.nikitin
Level 1
Level 1

04_21_02.jpg

After updating to Monterey MacOs Webex can't join the meetings with the error "The Webex site is not currently available. Try again later"

37 Replies 37

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just wanted to poke in here just in case you didn't see it, but in the Downloads section of your Webex site, you should see the Meetings app download option now.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 9.38.40 AM.png

Response Signature

unikrom
Level 1
Level 1

we are having the same issue but with both Intel and M1

sturner1
Level 1
Level 1

looks like the app is still not correct but they put a redirect to the web browser and connects you.  I'd say just a temporary bandaid, but at least it's something.  

Anatol Studler
Level 1
Level 1

According to Cisco TAC, the BUG should be fixed in Webex 41.10.8. I verified this an it is working with that specific version. Funny, when you download the latest Webex Version from the Webpage, you will get Version 41.10.0.20395. However, when you click Start a meeting" in the calendar (Webex Icon Bar on the left) it will start a new window called "Webex Meetings" in the Menubar, an this is Version 41.10.8.23.

Strange, however, my problem is now fixed an it works fine. Maybe someone else can also confirm that it works now.

The same for me. When I try to connect to the meeting it still shows the error, but immediately replaced by the new window and connects fine

deh2k1
Level 1
Level 1

I have not tested this extensively, but it looks to me like the Intel version of the Webex app works via Rosetta 2 emulation on M1 Macs running MacOS 12 Monterey.  It may work better than the web version.  

It's sad that the actual Apple Silicon version doesn't work.

deh2k1
Level 1
Level 1

I have not tested this extensively, but it looks to me like the Intel version of the Webex app works via Rosetta 2 emulation on M1 Macs running MacOS 12 Monterey.  It may work better than the web version.  

It's really sad that the actual Apple Silicon version doesn't work.

earltedly
Level 1
Level 1

Everything was working fine for me on a MacBook Pro 13" M1 with Big Sur. I now have a MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max with Monterey and the webex app will no longer joing any meetings. I can use the web version but I get noticeable audio clicks.

Is there any update on the progress on this as it's clearly broken and 'use the web client' is not a long term workaround.

deh2k1
Level 1
Level 1

I just received an email notification about this bug.  It was not clear what it meant.  It said that the issue was resolved and that the workaround is to use the web browser version.  I see that the MacOS version that is available for downloading today is still the old one that doesn't work.  I hope they are not saying that the solution to the problem is to use the browser version.  I do not consider that a solution.

Are the web version works fine for you? In chrome it connects, sound works fine, but I can't see videos and screen sharing(((

Web version in Chrome works "fine" for me. Audio, Videos, Sharing. But for me it has a noticeable delay tough. But better than nothing. But worse than Cisco getting their software to work correctly. We would have been out of business by now, if we would deliver not working apps.

Confirmed! Having the same connection issues with Big Sur M1-Chip and WebEx 41.10.0.20395.

Hello,

the problem seems to exist under Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1, with ARM architecture, too. Some users reported the same issue

Greetings

Sebastian

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all, I am back!

The response I got from our internal team "Webex Meetings App or Webex App? For MacOS Monterey support, Webex App requires 41.10 and Webex Meetings App requires 41.9 at the minimum. If app version is good and still see the issue, contact TAC for support."

Hope this helps!

Response Signature

Yup, I am also running the latest version and I also tested it with a brand new and virgin M1 MAX device which was released last week. The issue is the WebEx App not running fine on macOS Monterey with ARM Architectures. None of our M1 corporate Devices are working at the moment. The only way to join Meetings is through the Web Browser, which works fine...

We opened a TAC case but are only slowly making progress.

Hello Cole,

Mine is 41.10 and still have the problem. I sent an email through the support but still has not heard anything. I can’t literally start or attend any meeting with the new laptop right now, and I hope this issue can be overlooked and escalated.

This issue is now a recognized bug marked at Moderate Severity. If you are a customer, you can view the current status of the bug here - https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa08612 In the bug search tool, you can also subscribe to the bug, which should send you email updates on any bug status changes. I went ahead and subscribed to it so I can update this thread when a fix is released. As the community manager, I appreciate you all highlighting your issue here, this helps me add emphasis to our internal teams. 

Response Signature

I also have this issue whereby I cannot start meetings in the application by following the Join a meeting link in the browser . I'm not sure it's related to running the Intel build though as I have only ever run the M1 build and have completely removed/uninstalled and reinstalled.

any update on the "recognized issue" or any fix eta available?

this is very frustrating to not know anything

Thanks for your support, Cole. The versions are the same as you mentioned. What is TAC and how can we contact them? 

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 21.15.03.png

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 21.16.57.png