Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chat during a meeting in a personal room in Webex Teams

Hi there,

I' ve noticed that there isn't a (group) chat function when you hold a meeting in a personal room via Webex Teams.

I can only see the participant list.

Is this normal or do I overlook something? 

1 Accepted Solution

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, the Webex app will get the full Meetings experience (chat, poll, etc...)

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@CJFulton , the Full Meetings Experience within the Webex app is available by default for all new Webex customers (who started using Webex after end December)
This new experience will be rolled out over time for existing customers. If you want to have it enabled sooner, you'll have to reach out to your Customer Success Manager (https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX15/How-Do-I-Contact-My-Customer-Success-Manager-CSM). The CSM will be able to check if you meet the requirements to enable this integrated experience.

Response Signature

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, the Webex app will get the full Meetings experience (chat, poll, etc...)

Response Signature

we do not see this to be the case - webex meetings launched from the webex app do not have chat function

ssteffensen1
Level 1
Level 1

I just used the new "Webex" app to join a personal meeting room and there is no chat function. Surely this is something being added soon if the meetings app is going away??

Timothy.Potter8
Level 1
Level 1

This issue of having no chat option during a meeting (personal room or regular meeting) is the reason that I don't use webex teams yet. That is a fundamental function since I join meetings all day that are normal webex meetings. When I use the webex meetings app, then there is a chat for the meeting and if I join the meeting in teams there is no chat. So, if I use teams, I cannot see any of the chat that the rest of the webex meeting participants are posting. For me, this makes webex teams useless.

Hi Timothy,

thank you for your reply!

I'm "happy" that I'm not the only one having that issue.

Of course I will no longer use WebEx Teams for meeting in a personal room via WebEx Meetings. 

Hopefully they add the chat function soon!