Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Teams Installation Failed

I am trying to update Cisco Webex Teams silently. But while installing i face issue with remarks "This version or newer version of product already exists".

My machine is a win 10 eng lang machine. In my machine the version Webex Teams 3.0.12984.0 is available and i am trying to update to WebEx Teams 3.0.16285.0 but failed with above issue. In Manual installation also failed with same issue.

Please provide solution for this issue. I have old update but can’t install latest.

2 Replies 2

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@kuttimagk2112961 

just guessing:
perhaps the installed-version has been installed using a different Account?
I noticed, that earlier versions of Teams (formerly called "Spark" ) had issued with (auto-)updating, if the application has been installed by an admin-Account.
As far as I understand, Webex-Teams prefers (?) to be installed by the user = its installed into the user-Profile; much like any modern WebBrowser, MS-Teams etc. allow to be done.
Seems to be a side-effect of modern (agile) Software-Development (rolling releases etc.)

running as the local admin resolved this issue for me.  The issue wasnt exactly the same as above though.  It was telling me that it couldnt locate the old MSI to remove the older version as a network resource.  I was installing Webex.msi and it was looking for WebexTeams.msi.  We do redirects for documents and desktop usershares which potentially could have caused the issue.  I saw Cisco Spark in the registry so it does seem somewhat related.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!