cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature request - Add option to create custom tabs along with standard in Webex

zkharkha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Many of us have large number of chats and spaces with very few ways to group and organize them in Webex.
Due to this large number it would be an invaluable feature to have an option to create a custom-named tab with an ability to group only required spaces and chats under it.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 15.41.15.png

Perhaps there's already a discussion ongoing about this feature somewhere. If so, please point me towards it.
Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

Have you looked into using the Teams grouping?.  This is found along the left side and then you can put spaces inside of the Teams.  If you want them listed under the tabs instead, I would recommend creating a feature Idea here https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

Hello @Matt_W 

Thank you for your reply!

We've tried Teams grouping in Webex but it has a certain degree of generalization to one's user experience.
What I mean is: once a batch of spaces are added to a Team, they all get marked as componenets of that Team and that might not be how another engineer sees it. One may want to separate the spaces the other way and spaces distribution between Teams is not personalized... I hope you get where I'm going here.

Also, thank you for the link to Customer collab portal, I'll definitely use an option to create a feature request there.

Regards,
Zenovii

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Favorites is the only current way to pin important spaces to the top.

There is a beta feature called message highlights. It should help to highlight new messages that are important for you and will not show all unread ones. Those important messages are listed in a space-like area at the very top of your list.

Hello @dtibbe 
Thank you for your reply!

I'm looking more into personal way of organizing Webex UI, where your spaces reside etc.
I'm guessing for the messages to appear as "importand", someone should mark them as such in the first place, right? Consequently that might add some overhead for you conversation.

Thanks for looking into this nevertheless!

Regards,
Zenovii

Personally, I do not use that feature as I just have a couple of favourite spaces that are always on top and mostly read..

I do not have "trained" my highlights at all, but it seems to do some AI based on DMs, frequently/recently used etc in the beginning. You are able to rank those suggestions to further improve the suggestions

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.