cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Giving control to your shared screen

Tprete
Level 1
Level 1

We just went through the major upgrade of Webex and are now on version (42.5.0.22221).  We are finding that we lost the ability to assign someone control of a screen we are sharing.  Can anyone direct me to how to do this in the new version?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Tprete

Are you facing this issue for Windows 10 or 11? I have see another recent post with similar issue for Windows 11.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-meetings-and-webex-app/problem-with-later-version/m-p/4612241#M8708

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Tprete ,

I am using same Webex version and I can share screen as well as give control to other user. 

GiveContorl.jpg

Try using SHIFT+ALT+R keyboard shortcuts.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

a.bales
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Are you talking about the Annotate feature? If so:

- Hover over the top of the shared screen to access the drop-down sharing menu.

- Click "Annotate."

- There should be a vertical Annotate options bar on the left-hand side of the screen.

- The first icon at the top of the bar should look like a writing implement with an arrow next to it--click that icon.

- A list of available meeting participants will pop up; you can select who you'd like to allow to annotate from there.

- Please note: if there is only one other person in the meeting, clicking the icon will simply provide annotation permissions for both of you.

I hope this helps. If you're not talking about the Annotate feature, my apologies for misunderstanding.