cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Giving control to your shared screen

Tprete
Level 1
Level 1

We just went through the major upgrade of Webex and are now on version (42.5.0.22221).  We are finding that we lost the ability to assign someone control of a screen we are sharing.  Can anyone direct me to how to do this in the new version?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Tprete

Are you facing this issue for Windows 10 or 11? I have see another recent post with similar issue for Windows 11.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-meetings-and-webex-app/problem-with-later-version/m-p/4612241#M8708

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Tprete ,

I am using same Webex version and I can share screen as well as give control to other user. 

GiveContorl.jpg

Try using SHIFT+ALT+R keyboard shortcuts.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

a.bales
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Are you talking about the Annotate feature? If so:

- Hover over the top of the shared screen to access the drop-down sharing menu.

- Click "Annotate."

- There should be a vertical Annotate options bar on the left-hand side of the screen.

- The first icon at the top of the bar should look like a writing implement with an arrow next to it--click that icon.

- A list of available meeting participants will pop up; you can select who you'd like to allow to annotate from there.

- Please note: if there is only one other person in the meeting, clicking the icon will simply provide annotation permissions for both of you.

I hope this helps. If you're not talking about the Annotate feature, my apologies for misunderstanding. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.