cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I delete a Webex space?

roboland
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do I delete a Webex space?  I don't see any options to removing the space or deleting the test space I created.

2 Accepted Solutions

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is no delete option as such, you need to remove all other members from the space first then you leave the space.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/zrj294/Webex-Teams-Delete-a-Space

View solution in original post

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

I find it helpful to think about Webex Teams as a metaphor for "real life." Think of an office conference room where you are conducting a meeting. you as the host can declare the meeting over within the meeting conversation. People will start to leave the office conference room, but some may linger to talk more on the topic. The last one out the door, turns off the light. That is to say, when the last person leaves a Space, it self-deletes. A more authoritarian host can declare the meeting over and make sure everyone leaves the meeting room (Space) by removing all other users from the Space. Then, when the host as the last person in the space leaves, the space is deleted. Give the real-life metaphor a try for any function in Webex Teams. It may provide useful clarity.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

I find it helpful to think about Webex Teams as a metaphor for "real life." Think of an office conference room where you are conducting a meeting. you as the host can declare the meeting over within the meeting conversation. People will start to leave the office conference room, but some may linger to talk more on the topic. The last one out the door, turns off the light. That is to say, when the last person leaves a Space, it self-deletes. A more authoritarian host can declare the meeting over and make sure everyone leaves the meeting room (Space) by removing all other users from the Space. Then, when the host as the last person in the space leaves, the space is deleted. Give the real-life metaphor a try for any function in Webex Teams. It may provide useful clarity.  

I have found this discussion when looking for ways to remove a space from Webex. I would say that your metaphor is interesting but not very precise. When everybody leaves the conference room, and the last person turns off the light, the (empty) room is still there. It is not obvious (to say the least) that the room will disappear after the last person leaves it :).

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is no delete option as such, you need to remove all other members from the space first then you leave the space.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/zrj294/Webex-Teams-Delete-a-Space

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.