cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I find a webex meeting which occurred Friday Dec 17 9:30 am?

lgoldarch
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Thank you, now I understand the situation. I would answer as follows (starting with the disclaimer: this is not legal advice).

When you say "where prior meetings might be stored", it may actually mean two things.

First, there is information about the meeting like e.g. the date and time when it started, its duration, the list of attendees, etc.

Second, there may be a recording (audio, or audio+video) of the meeting itself.

Information about the meeting is stored in Webex and is accessible by those who have the proper credentials, roles, etc.; in your case that list would probably include the court's systems administrator, the judge who ran the hearing, etc. I do not know the legal procedure to request that information from the court, you may want to ask your lawyer, but technically it should be possible to get that type of data from Webex as the platform.

The second part, i.e. the recording itself, may or may not exist. It is technically possible to record a meeting in Webex (i.e., there is a setting "Enable recording for this meeting" etc.), and I _think_ it would be reasonable to expect that courts do record their hearings in Webex, but I cannot guarantee it, I do not know the legal requirements, and _if_ there is a recording, then, again, I do not know the legal procedures to request it in Missouri (nor anywhere else in the U.S.).

With regard to your statement about garbled speech etc., it is also possible for the organization that runs meetings in Webex (again, here I mean people with proper authorizations within that organization) to see some technical data about the connection quality experienced by different attendees during the meeting, etc. Again, I do not know the legal side of getting those data.

I am sorry for being unable to answer your question in a more specific way.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Maksym Kozub
Spotlight
Spotlight

Where are you trying to find it: in your room's list of meetings, or in the Admin Control Hub for your organization, or where?

I am new to webex (obviously!). I do not know where to look. The meeting occurred Friday, Dec 17, 2021 at 9:30. Jackson County Missouri probate court. I was looking for an "archive" where prior meetings might be stored. Does webex store public meetings?  Thanks!!!!!!

OK, I will try and reformulate my question. In which capacity are you trying to find that meeting: are you just somebody who has been to that meeting as a "guest" (e.g. a party summoned to participate in remote proceedings in that court), or are you somebody working for that court (the court having a Webex license and having an administrator who shedules those meetings for the court), or maybe (although quite unlikely) you are a systems administrator working for that court and trying to find that meeting in the court's Webex admin panel, etc.? Depending on who you are (not you personally but your role with regard to Webex and the meeting in question), there are different features and tools to use.

You see, now your question sounds a bit like this: "How do I find a salary payment which took place in such-and-such company on such-and-such-date?". Of course, the answer to that question would depend on whether you are asking as the chief accountant of that company, or an employee receiving that salary, or, say, an external auditor reviewing the company's records :).

I am an "interested party" to the Court proceeding. I have a claim in the Estate. The judge called for a hearing on the claim, in which I could hear him call my name, and the opposing attorney responded, but almost all of the Judge's speech was garbled. He never gave me the opportunity to let him know whether I could hear him or not, or the fact that I was never given the mailed notice of the meeting which had the webex link so I could have seen and heard the proceedings. The Clerk of the Court said "just search WebEx and you will find the meeting" but he seemed unsure of himself. Thank you for your help!  The Court name is the Jackson County Missouri Probate Court (16th).. My part of the Court hearing was tfourth or fifth in from the beginning..  Thanks!!!!!!!

Thank you, now I understand the situation. I would answer as follows (starting with the disclaimer: this is not legal advice).

When you say "where prior meetings might be stored", it may actually mean two things.

First, there is information about the meeting like e.g. the date and time when it started, its duration, the list of attendees, etc.

Second, there may be a recording (audio, or audio+video) of the meeting itself.

Information about the meeting is stored in Webex and is accessible by those who have the proper credentials, roles, etc.; in your case that list would probably include the court's systems administrator, the judge who ran the hearing, etc. I do not know the legal procedure to request that information from the court, you may want to ask your lawyer, but technically it should be possible to get that type of data from Webex as the platform.

The second part, i.e. the recording itself, may or may not exist. It is technically possible to record a meeting in Webex (i.e., there is a setting "Enable recording for this meeting" etc.), and I _think_ it would be reasonable to expect that courts do record their hearings in Webex, but I cannot guarantee it, I do not know the legal requirements, and _if_ there is a recording, then, again, I do not know the legal procedures to request it in Missouri (nor anywhere else in the U.S.).

With regard to your statement about garbled speech etc., it is also possible for the organization that runs meetings in Webex (again, here I mean people with proper authorizations within that organization) to see some technical data about the connection quality experienced by different attendees during the meeting, etc. Again, I do not know the legal side of getting those data.

I am sorry for being unable to answer your question in a more specific way.

VERY helpful!!!!!!!   Many thanks....!!!