cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
TobyNixon
Beginner

How to fully exit Webex app when done with a meeting

I attend Webex meetings several times a week. When I leave a meeting, I want the Webex app to fully exit and not stay running in the background. I do not want it to pop open a calendar showing me other meetings (which I never voluntarily gave it access to anyway), and I do not want it to have ghost apps showing up in my Alt-Tab list! But I cannot figure out how to configure Webex to completely exist upon leaving a meeting.  These turd apps in lays around are super annoying! Is there any magic, such as a registry key I can set, to force it to fully exit? Or do I just need to keep going to Task Manager to kill it entirely?

5 REPLIES 5
Roray Stewart
Beginner

I'm not aware of a way to have it fully exit when you leave a meeting but you can exit the app by clicking the cog wheel top right of the app of right clicking it in the system tray.

jvollmer
Beginner

It's a two step process:

Select cog wheel -> Sign out -> Sign-in window will open -> Select cog wheel -> Exit.

I've checked my task manager, it's no longer running in background when I do those steps to close the desktop app.

Fritz_H
VIP Rising star

@TobyNixon 

to quit the Webex(-Teams)-Client or the Webex-Meetings-Client, you may use the right mousebutton:

grafik.png

grafik.png

This doesn't close the background tasks. After I leave a Webex meeting,
there are FIVE separate tasks still showing in Task Manager, including,
apparently, one that is snooping in my calendar, which I don't want Webex to
do. I want Webex to FULLY shut down, including all background tasks, not
just close the visible app window!

@TobyNixon 

If you are that much worried about.. privacy(?) you may perhaps also want to consider not using Windows10 at all.. or MacOS.. or iOS or Android.. or any Cloud-Service.. I guess.

Perhaps using the Web-Version of Webex is an option for you?  web.webex.com

Up to a certain point I do understand your POV since I still refuse to "downgrade" from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on my private Computer because of all that spying Microsoft built into W10. But I also do know, that we - as a society - may perhaps have already passed the point of no return...

Content for Community-Ad