cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to share content AND still see participants?

SusanneWahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Wondering if anyone is aware of a way I can share in presentation mode while also still seeing participants. I have a dual monitor and I don't know if it's possible to have faces on one monitor and the presentation on the other. Any ideas? Thank you!Presentation mode, Webex Meetings

1 Accepted Solution

RCChristian
Level 1
Level 1

One nice workaround you can try is joining the meeting twice, once from a different device that you might be able to connect to that 2nd monitor's secondary connector.

For instance, I have two computers and two monitors. Computer A is connected to and uses both monitors A and B via DisplayPort or HDMI or what not.

Computer B is connected to Monitor B only, and on Monitor B's other connector, i.e. DVI, VGA, etc.

When I have a meeting, both machines are going to the meeting as me. Computer B is simply muted or not connected to audio at all, but can display any audience view I want: grid, stack, etc. Computer A is where my presentation lives and where my microphone is working etc., like normal.

On Monitor B, press the input button to switch from viewing Computer A's second monitor to Computer B's primary screen. Easily switch back to Computer A with the monitor input button.

I know it's a mess of wires and such, but I REALLY enjoy the effect until the software can do better.

Speaking of better, come on Cisco--this post is 7 hours old. Get people in here!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RCChristian
Level 1
Level 1

One nice workaround you can try is joining the meeting twice, once from a different device that you might be able to connect to that 2nd monitor's secondary connector.

For instance, I have two computers and two monitors. Computer A is connected to and uses both monitors A and B via DisplayPort or HDMI or what not.

Computer B is connected to Monitor B only, and on Monitor B's other connector, i.e. DVI, VGA, etc.

When I have a meeting, both machines are going to the meeting as me. Computer B is simply muted or not connected to audio at all, but can display any audience view I want: grid, stack, etc. Computer A is where my presentation lives and where my microphone is working etc., like normal.

On Monitor B, press the input button to switch from viewing Computer A's second monitor to Computer B's primary screen. Easily switch back to Computer A with the monitor input button.

I know it's a mess of wires and such, but I REALLY enjoy the effect until the software can do better.

Speaking of better, come on Cisco--this post is 7 hours old. Get people in here!

Thank you so much. Good work around and I appreciate the steps you listed out!