cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Timing out?

nicole.depalma
Level 1
Level 1

I will be hosting a meeting for an entire day (8-3:30).  Throughout the day, the presenter has scheduled times to present content.  However throughout the day,  we may not have attendees join the meeting and will have breaks and 1 hour lunch.  If the host stays in the meeting, but there are no attendees and activity in the meeting, will it conclude and end the meeting automatically?  Does it time out after a certain amount of time?   We will be utilizing the Q & A feature and want the ongoing thread to be visible to all attendees that join throughout the day.  

1 Accepted Solution

KirstenM
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello! As long as you schedule the meeting for the entire span unless the Host ends the meeting, it will stay open and available for attendees to join. Attendees are not needed to make a meeting -- I have test meetings with myself all the time!

If a host forgets to end a meeting, it will stay running for 24 hours, FYI (at least it does for our enterprise, paid account).

It is important to note that attendees cannot see Q&A or Chat from earlier in the meeting if they were not in it. So, any links, critical information, etc. may need to be shared via chat again for new joiners to see. If you leave a meeting and come back, I believe Chat is fresh again, too. This means that keeping the meeting live won't ensure people can see the chat/Q&A from earlier. 

You can end a Webex Meeting and restart during the scheduled timeframe but you cannot end and restart a Webex EVENT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

KirstenM
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello! As long as you schedule the meeting for the entire span unless the Host ends the meeting, it will stay open and available for attendees to join. Attendees are not needed to make a meeting -- I have test meetings with myself all the time!

If a host forgets to end a meeting, it will stay running for 24 hours, FYI (at least it does for our enterprise, paid account).

It is important to note that attendees cannot see Q&A or Chat from earlier in the meeting if they were not in it. So, any links, critical information, etc. may need to be shared via chat again for new joiners to see. If you leave a meeting and come back, I believe Chat is fresh again, too. This means that keeping the meeting live won't ensure people can see the chat/Q&A from earlier. 

You can end a Webex Meeting and restart during the scheduled timeframe but you cannot end and restart a Webex EVENT.