cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Merge/delete accounts?

Ideal Networks
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to merge two accounts, or delete one and free up that email address? I'd like to update my spark email to our new domain, but can't because I already created an account with that email

Thanks

22 Replies 22

Yosef
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to login pearsonvue. However, it redirect me to id.cisco.com. For this reason I can't reschedule my exam appointed.

Alidoskim
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue Pearson VUE team told me we will hold your exam score if you do not merge it or delete one of them
what should i do since last 3 days i sent a lot of emails to Cisco but no of there way was worked.

I am sorry this has happened to you, but Cisco seems to be completely dysfunctional if someone has not already brought this to management-and apparently no one has. This has been an issue SINCE 2016! 2016 and still no resolution-just headlong rush to smash a bunch of disparate domains together under one roof and **bleep** the users.

I do not know, but some executive or VP or something needs to see this chat and light a fire; this is the kind of stuff that destroys companies. I have all but given up on Cisco Security products because I cannot join my CCNP and Fire Jumper accounts and cannot get discounts like I should.

This is a fire burning down the company and they are just doing business as usual. I am actually doing Microsoft certifications again going forward. Cisco has lost me with this failure. There ticketing system has no escalation chain. This should have been escalated years ago but no one wants to rock the boat and so the boat is sinking. 

Unfortunately that is the sad true, I hope someone fix this issue in future. 

It frustrated me, how they playing with you with a lot of emails without any hope to fixing issue.

This is my first cert so i can get ride of this by creating new account but what for people like you that have certs!!.

Just created a new account and will book my first exam tomorrow. 

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

.moved reply.

Response Signature

Thanks. Maybe some day I can use both my Fire Power and CCNP in the same account. 

I hope Cisco sees the absurdity here: this system is broken and has been since 2016 if you follow this thread-I had the same issues in 2017 as well but gave up. So how exactly would I apply the Fire Jumper credentials/certificates I (used to) spend time earning and CCNP credentials to one purchase account? I either have to give up on Fire Jumper (I did) or on my CCNP because they cannot be correlated according to this post and Cisco Support-I have to use one account or the other. I guess I could employ myself. Talk about responsive. 

timtiminhouston
Level 1
Level 1

And as you see in this thread one account-timothywilliamedgin-is CCNP. The other, timtiminhouston is not-but that is required for doing business with Cisco. The full name account was for Netacad (using Gmail) and used my primary email but the timtiminhouston account is REQUIRED for Cisco to participate in Fire Power-they would not accept my Gmail account-business email required. Do you see how confusing this is? I will repost this with my CCNP account to confuse you even more. 

Hi Timtiminhouston-I apparently have the same problem as you and it too is affecting my ability to order products and services from Cisco. I wonder if they will ever come up with a way to merge accounts so that all our nice certificates show up in one place and our discounts could be fully applied and we could actually place orders at some distant point in the future? Sure would be nice. 

And as you see in this thread one account-timothywilliamedgin-is CCNP. The other, timtiminhouston is not-but that is required for doing business with Cisco because the account will not accept personal email addresses. The full name account was for Netacad (using Gmail) and used my primary email but the timtiminhouston account is REQUIRED for Cisco to participate in Fire Power-they would not accept my Gmail account-business email required. Do you see how confusing this is? I will repost this with my CCNP account to confuse you even more. 

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No but thanks for replying. We are talking about the Cisco SSO accounts. I have one for my business and one for my Netacad that was created when Netacad was not part of the Cisco Single Sign On. Now my solution is to use Firefox for my business account and Chrome for the personals account. But I have my CCNP registered to my personal account but my Firepower Fire Jumper ID is tied to my business, so it looks like I have one set of certificates (CCNP) tied to my personal account but I cannot use that CCNP for my BUSINESS ACCOUNT! It is maddening. I opened support tickets and this is unresolvable by the support team; it is broken. Cisco has serious usability issues. I lost my one big sale because I could not get the order and licensing just right. I simply could not place the order on time because I could not prove I am CCNP AND Fire Jumper. I am one or the other-never both. Really-this is maddening. 

Have you tried to send an email to web-help@cisco.com? I know that is who I've worked with for profile issues in the past. I don't know for sure if they can merge two CCO accounts, but that would be where I start. Good luck.

Response Signature

I emailed webhelp again and again they tell me to contact certification support, absolutely no one in Cisco has any idea how toi resolve account issues and keeps pushing me to other departments: 

HI Timothy

Thank you for contacting Cisco.
Regarding to credit for your certifications.
Please create new Certifications / Learning at Cisco case online, check up on its status or update as necessary by following those steps:
1) Visit pls: https://ciscocert-learningatcisco.force.com
2) Select "Open a Case" on the landing page.​
3) Enter the mandatory details and select "Submit".
4) In case that you don't have account, please create one first by following those steps on https://ciscocert-learningatcisco.force.com
-Select the Login link on the landing page.
-Select "Create one here"
-Enter all mandatory information and select "Register" .
-Click on URL sent to email address registered.
-Create new password and enter second time to confirm.
-Once account is created, and you are logged in, please proceed with case creation.

You will be contacted by the Certification Support team within two business days by e-mail. If you don't receive a reply from the Certification Support Team in two business days, please contact the Certifications Support team directly at http://ciscocert.force.com/english/articles/Article/Contacting-Support-EN.

Please note that you my open or update Certification case online over Certification portal at: https://ciscocert.secure.force.com/english/

Other useful resources:
Cisco Learning Network: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications
Certification Tracking System: https://cisco.pearsoncred.com/durango/do/login?ownername=cisco&channel=cisco&basechannel=integral7

Sorry to hear about these usability issues, please provide your feedback here:
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Also would suggest contacting support to see if they have any suggestions.

I have opened support tickets and they cannot resolve this issue. It is a known issue with single sign on where you have multiple accounts. One of those unforeseen consequences of smashing so many disparate systems together. Someday I will be able to get a complete profile-for the time being I gave up on my Fire Jumper account because I cannot associate my CCNP to that account. 

Wow, this has been an issue since 2016, and even before. Talk about responsive. 

This has become a nightmare I must deal with each time I renew my certifications. I have two email addresses, and Cisco insist they are two different people. I must say they broke their accounts system. I gave up on placing bids, now I just fight their customer service every three years. This is sad. 

JohnnyBGoode
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if there are any updates to this request?

miro@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately this is requested feature already in our backlog however I can not provide you with dates at this time.

Currently we support only single email address.

Thank you,

-miro

I need to delete / merge an account as well.   Is there an update on this?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.