Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Locations in Control Hub

Maria Riaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working in a cisco partner company. we have two different locations in our control hub. I want to assign both locations to one user, which is common for both locations and needs to be in both locations. Is it possible to assign multiple locations to a single user in control Hub?

Thanks,

8 Replies 8

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It is not possible to assign multiple locations to a User. I would recommend to create separate location which is common to both locations and assign the User(s) to it.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you Vaijanath, Can you tell me How can I Create this Common Location?

Guess @Vaijanath Sonvane thought of three locations:

* Users SOLEY at location A

* Users SOLEY at location B

* Users at both locations A and B

each user will be added to exactly one of these locations..

Like @dtibbe said, create three locations: Location-A, B and C. Assign User-A to Location-A, User-B to Location-B and User-C to Location-C. There is no other way. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

What do you mean by location?

Locations are defined in Webex Calling in order to assign numbers to them. these numbers are assigned to a user..

The user itself is not assigned to a location...

If you say you're a partner: Do you refer to organizations instead of locations? Or maybe different meeting sites in your org?

Hello dtibbie,

I wanted to have same user's ID with Same number in two different Locations. But I guess this is not possible as stated by Vaijanath. 

Thanks,

As said, each number is uniquely assigned to a location. After the user's primary number has been assigned, numbers from other locations cannot be added. Same for shared lines. Some features are restricted to the same location

That is probably due to emergency calling reasons etc, as police/ambulance/etc have to get the physical location. If the user has two numbers, where to go?

Yeah. That's True. But I wanted to know if there is any possibility , so we can federate two different locations in control Hub.