Views
Helpful
Replies

New Webex Logo

kamal_iitr
Level 1
Level 1

The dual logo does not look impressive.  

The base design is extremely attractive, but the overlay of the video camera overdoes it.  It distracts.

Can you just remove the camera from the logo please.

4 Replies 4

Noah.S
Level 1
Level 1

This icon looks indistinguishable from a visual studio icon. Particularly if you've seen multiple iterations of Visual Studios icons for the past 15 years... I don't really care what the icon looks like, but it is genuinely confusing.

Nele_N
Level 1
Level 1

I also preferred the old logo, it was prettier and more eye-catching. 

But my biggest problem with the new logo is how similar it is to the Microsoft Edge Logo? They happen so be right beside each other on my desktop, so the similarity was really obvious. The colour schema is pretty much identical.

Logos.png

Hi Nele_N,

The inspiration behind the logo change was the original palette of Webex, which happens to be blue and green. The similarity between the logos was a coincidence. However, I do understand that when placed next to each other, you might need to pay slightly more attention to which one you press.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@kamal_iitr 

The Application-Icon for Webex is "Camera-free"; only the Icon for Webex-Meetings got this add-on.
Note: "Webex-Meetings" is now titled: "Our previous app, Meetings"
This makes me think/guess that Webex-Meetings is going to slowly fade away = icon-re.design is very unlikely, I guess.

The icon in general:
hmm. it´s very non-MS.TEAMS, very non-ZOOM. which makes it unique.
but I also think that it´s not "pretty" or "eye catching".

The old icon was a bright circle = a basic shape = easy to see/memorize and recognize.

I think the dark design is not the best decision since most Smartphones run in DarkMode - esp. those with OLED Screens.
A dark icon is harder to see, esp. on DarkMode..