cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No floating window for multitasking although the option is turned on

msv1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get Webex (events and meetings) to switch to a floating panel with participants' videos and essential controls (unmute/stop video) whenever I open another window. The functionality is apparently there, judging by the option under Settings --> General --> Multitasking --> "Automatically show my Webex call or meeting in a floating mini window when other apps are in front", but the floating window still never appears. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

5 Replies 5

VB6
Level 1
Level 1

I do hope someone can fix this issue (or a bug?), it's make people really inconvenient to use the app. 

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @msv1 ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. Glad to have you join the fun.

My colleague and I tested this and noticed the floating window for multitasking is only available when you call someone or if someone calls you in the Webex App. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Response Signature

What if the multitasking is not there in setting under general there is nothing under resent sessions.

Hi Cole, thanks for the explanation but I think that this behaviour (working only for calls and not for meetings) is more a bug than a "working as designed".  My feeling comes from both this article: https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/9xq0y3/Webex-App-%7C-Get-back-to-your-call-or-meeting-window-after-multitasking where it mentions both meetings and calls (so my understanding is that it should work also for meetings) and from the option itself in "preferences" where both calls and meetings are mentioned.

Maybe the description for the feature should clarify that it is not for Meetings as associted to groups of people...just one on one meetings, that are actually calls and that do not utilize Webex Meetings.  I mean it makes no sense for the description to describe a scenario to which it does not actually function or apply.