Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook on Mac & Webex Scheduler - Buttons missing

Marcel :-)
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I have a problem with Outlook on the Mac since the beginning of this week.
The two Webex buttons at an appointment invitation have disappeared.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled both the Webex (Teams) app and the Webex Meetings app.

We also use the Webex Scheduler which is included on our on-premise Exchange, and I have that enabled on my end as well.

Outlook Version: 16.51 (21071101)
Webex Scheduler: 41.8.0

On another Mac it works with my account without problems.

My Webex account is on the European "w" cluster.

Any tips?

7 Replies 7

Spotlight
Spotlight

we have found a solution.

You have to check the box "Enable optional connected experiences" in the privacy settings of Outlook.
Then restart Outlook and the buttons are back again.

This solved it for me (as an end-user, vs. admin)!!

I did also update/reinstall WebEx and Outlook to the latest... but only after I did "Enable optional connected experiences" in the Privacy settings of Outlook (I swear it checked it, but it was unchecked when I looked again) did the WebEx buttons finally (re)appear!!

Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @KirstenM,

unfortunately not.

I have just installed version 41.8.1 of the Webex Scheduler on our Exchange server.
The colleague who is experiencing the problem is on holiday this week, I will be on holiday next week.

TAC has not been particularly helpful so far.

I will let you know if the update to 41.8.1 has helped.

KirstenM
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Marcel :-) Did you ever resolve this issue? We're seeing this again for some of our Mac users as well, but not all. I've checked that it is still enabled in the manage add-ins and know that you won't see the webex option unless you are in an appointment. Wondering if you'd found a solution. Thanks!

Francisco Zicre
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check the Manage add-ins in Outlook? Sometimes Outlook likes to disable them ramdomly.

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same question from a MAC user which we only have a few.  Now we have O365 and had them use Webex Scheduler and they were looking for the buttons too.  Come to find out, you have to open a meeting invite first before you see the buttons which is different than how Productivity Tools worked.  With PT you saw the buttons on your calendar view, now with Webex Scheduler the buttons show up once you open\create a new invite.

Hope its the same for you.

KirstenM
Spotlight
Spotlight

I would highly recommend opening a TAC case for this. We had the same situation and a back-end fix was applied by our org's on-Prem Exchange administrator. Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable about what that fix was specifically, but it is not something a general user can do. https://help.webex.com/contact/ 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.