cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ppt sharing problem

chladok
Level 1
Level 1

Joining as attendees, there are some disturbing elements while presenter sharing full screen ppt. Presenter uses Cisco Webex app. Attendees uses "join from browser" Google Chrome.

Snímka obrazovky (16).png

6 Replies 6

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As it seems, Webex is now using the Webex-Meetings "engine".
Pro: this brings the "full meeting experience".
Con: this seems to bring back the "grey boxes" issue, since I know, that this isse was not present in previous Versions of Webex-Teams (as it was called at that time...) - see my earlier posting in this thread..

Cisco? I guess it´s your turn...

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi - to get rid of the gray boxes, select Control + Alt + Shift + H and all of them go away. The main culprits are usually Skype or Snagit that are running in the background even though they may not be open on your screen. Other times, it might be your participant panel or chat.

seanwu17927
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. My OS is windows 7 and whatever my sharing content throught sharing the whole screen, there will be two gray boxes in the sharing screen. This problem is not going to happen in Windows 10. Is there anything I can do with Windows 7? Many thanks.

2021-06-15-21-45-59-.png

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

I had this happen as well and as Fritz shared.. it's better to share the display rather than the app. At least it won't show the gray box. I know this has been submitted for a fix a while ago.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@chladok 
Some other screen-content is covering these parts. Since they are not part of the shared content, they are greyed out by Webex for privacy reasons.

Based on my tests, this only happens when using Webex-Meetings.
When using Webex(-Teams) the shared content is shown without grey areas - no matter if it´s (partially) covered by something on the presenter´s screen.

possible work-around with Webex-Meetings:
try to share the whole screen - not just a certain application.
By doing so, everything you see on the selected screen (perhaps you have more than one...) is visible 1:1 to your audience.

Note: this also means, that you may perhaps share more information than you intended to share (e.g. pop-Up-messages from incoming eMails etc..) !! Because of that you may try to avoid sharing the "main screen" since Windows usually shows messages and notifications on this one.

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Check no other applications are open, and over the application being shared on the screen of the presenter. Webex is greying out areas from other applications.
Rgs
ashish

Response Signature